Chapter 4

Edited

My hands were shaking as I tried putting the keys into the locks of my front door. How did he even get passed four different locks!?  Once I finally managed to get inside I made a conscious effort to lock all four locks. I checked all the windows in the appartment to make sure no window could possibly be opened. I didn't want a repeat of last night.

I took a deep breath and replayed all the events in detail while I changed into more comfortable clothes.

Tyrisha, you little shit. 

After the countless of times I saved her ass out of difficult and life threatening situations, and even not so threatening situations, like letting her copy my homework or taking the blame in class in order for her to keep her perfect reputation intact. Even after proving to her so many times I am always prepared to save our asses from anything, she didn't trust me. Instead she was ready to get me killed. She left me to die.

I snorted.

Apparently the whole friendship was one-sided. I took my phone out of my pocket and rung her up, but it went to voicemail immediately. 

She blocked me. Not only was she prepared to get me killed, she also blocked me after? This is far from over. Tch, no one can be trusted. 

And then there was him. I could finally put a face alongside those red eyes I kept remembering. I'd never heard about or saw a ghoul that went out of their way. I was sure though that he must have saved me from the purple haired woman in order to take the kill for himself. There is no other explanation for it. 

Then why did he not kill me when he had the chance? When I was... obedient. I mentally gagged. 

I cursed as I layed down on my bed and ran a hand over my face. 

I remembered his mesmerizing vibrant red eyes. He had black straight semi-long hair which was tied up, one side of his head shaved. He had an eyebrow piercing on the left side of his face, a lip piercing and multiple ones on his ears. He was tall and slender, wide shoulders, fit with tattoos.

He was actually really handsome. 

Why do the hot ones always have to be crazy?

I may not believe in soulmates like my sister, but that didn't mean I disliked the idea of being with a partner.

After slapping my face lightly I made my way to the kitchen. He. Is. Dangerous, I kept repeating to myself. The day was nowhere near its end and yet so much happened already. I almost died twice in less then 24 hours. That's pretty impressive.

I knew that tonight I had to keep my weapons close to me while I sleep. If a situation like the past night takes place again, I should be in a position to snatch my weapons as quickly as I can strike him. Hot or not, I am not dying. Not tonight. Not until I grow old. 

I forced myself to think about other things. This guy was already taking over my head and I'd never even had a proper exchange of words with him, hell, I've never even said a word to him.

'Lower.' 

My face flushed red as soon as the flashback occured. ''I can't believe myself. Oh my god.''

'And this way the damn attacks on ghouls will be lessened'. 

That's what that purple haired ghoul said to me, which means word is making its way around the ghouls. The fact she was able to pick me out means they're also starting to catch on to who it is. The weapons currently in my possesion will soon not be enough anymore to protect myself. I predict personal attacks on me will only grow to be more from now on, especially since one of their own inserted himself in the situation. 

I need better weapons. I need what the CCG has. And the only way to get that is by working for them. 

It's time for a change in career paths.

!IMPORTANT!

Until this capter the name of your best friend is Ty(risha). However, your best friend Ty is only named Ty in chapter 1, 2, 3 and 4. The following chapters, if mentioned, her name will be Nikki. This is a huge naming mistake I made while writing this book since another character, introduced later, has a very similar name to Nikki. I am working on changing all the 'Nikki' s in Ty. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for reading!