Chapter 23

Unedited

I was standing opposite from Anteiku. I had a bag slung over my shoulder that was stuffed full.

I hoped nobody thought I was a criminal or something. After all, at this time there would still be humans hanging in there. I shrugged my shoulders and started walking towards the little cafe. Without hesitation I opened the door and stepped trough.

I must have opened the door a little too fierce because before I knew it everyone's eyes were on me. I started walking towards an empty seat just beside the windows, all the while glaring back at everyone. This caused them to stop looking and continue their conversations.

I sat down and dropped the bag on the ground. Almost immediately one of the waiters came to ask what I wanted. It was the girl with the purple hair. Touka, I believe.

"Sarah," she whispered yelled, "where have you been?! Uta went-"

"One coffee please." I interrupted her. My heart ached hearing Uta's name, but nothing could be done. First I need to free the prisoners, again. And this time I'm hoping it'll go smoothly without an almost death experience.

She stood up straight and looked at me worriedly before walking away with my order.

The first few minutes I just stared out of the window, enjoying the peacefulness. I then decided to take my laptop out of the bag and start with what I actually came here to do.

I started it up and then another worker came with my coffee, placed it on the table, and walked away. This one I didn't know. She must be a new one.

I opened lots and lots of programs to accomplish my task in this whole plan. I was to find the fastest and easiest way inside the building, to the room where everything was being controlled.

So I started. I found a lot of ways to go in there unnoticed and then kill them. But of course, I was trying to find a way not to kill any humans in the process. I was the boss now, and I didn't want anyone dead, human nor ghoul.

Then I tried to search for the best place to put a bomb, to hide it so that CCG would be scared and start running away to wherever they go when something like this happened. Not that it had happened before anyway.

I was so focused on what I was doing I didn't hear someone clear their troth. I snapped my eyes up to the boy with the glasses. He looked at me pitifully after seeing my tired face but didn't let his annoyed facade fade for one moment.

"You have half an hour left. Then we will close and you'll have to go away."

I just nodded and continued. I then called one of my ghoul friends to say that they could start. Of course, I first told him where to place the bomb and explained the tactic to free everyone without killing humans.

He hung up and I put all my stuff back in my bag. After that, I started waiting. From where I sat I could see the building CCG owned. The building that would be shaken any moment now.

A black figure caught my vision and I turned my head slightly to look at him. An explosion sounded, a really big explosion. It was very unexpected. It's wasn't supposed to be this big.

Nor the explosion from the building, nor that from heart.

Because right there, staring back at me was none other then Uta.