Chapter 24

Unedited

As much as I wanted to stare at him, I couldn't. Because my friends had messed up, big time. Who said they could make an enormous explosion!? It was supposed to only shake the building a little to scare everyone.

I stood up fast causing the chair I was sitting on to fall backwards, but I didn't pay any attention to it. My goal was to stop this plan, hopefully. At the least, I wanted to save as much human lives as possible, hopefully with success.

"Please take care of my belongings," I said while walking out of Anteiku. Once outside, I started running full speed. How could they be so stupid!? After all the times I repeated to them to just shake the building.

I felt someone following me but didn't pay any attention to it. I kept sprinting. It felt like I was running away again. Away to another city. Leaving everyone behind.

I finally reached it and jumped to a window and got in.

There was a lot of shouting going on, and I wondered why nobody was trying to run for their lives. It was only then that I noticed all the doors were closed, and in front of every door there, stood a ghoul. I wanted to command to open the doors but quickly noticed that I've never met them. I didn't know them, nor did they know me.

''What a bother.'' I said before running up more flights of stairs. The damn idiots think they can easily turn the tables and fūck up my plan? Hah, as if.

Nobody gets away with that.

I reached the room with controls and barged in. All the men that were sitting there, stopped with their frightened conversations and stared up at me.

''What are you looking at!? Open the doors and send the CCG!'' I roared. I didn't like to ask for help, but I couldn't go up to an army of ghouls myself.

What I did know, was that my 'friends' were going to die. And I would be the cause of that.

Just as I was turning away to find them, I caught a glimpse of a she-figure in one of the cells on a security camera. Nicki.

I walked to where the cells were and of course I saw her sitting there.

''Dumped so fast, sis?''

She looked up at me, at first not reconizing me, but then her eyes lit up hopefully. Tch, pathetic.

''Sarah, thank god! Quick get me out of here. There were other ghouls and they freed everyone except for me! Something about their boss giving them the orders not to.''

I started laughing.

''You really think I'm going to help you? Listen,'' I sighed, ''I've changed. And you are one of the reasons why. I don't want to get close to anyone ever again. At least, that's what I attempt to. I-'' My voice started to quiver. ''I am broken. And in no state to help a betrayer.''

She started to cry and so did I. We just kept looking at each other and crying. We both knew this was it. Two sisters about to seperate for life. For ever.

I finally found the voice to say, ''Goodbye, Nicki.''

''Goodbye, Sarah.''

I turned. I was going to find the damn ghouls and kill them. I can do it.

So that's what I did. At every place I saw a ghoul guarding, I crept behind them and killed them fast. I didn't have time to torture them. I needed to do this fast and easy.

I looked around trying to find more ghouls but couldn't find any. I shrugged, I guess this was it. I went to the first floor and surely the doors were open and when I tried to focuse on any sounds, none could be heard.

I walked out and was shocked that before me stood a hell of a lot of ghouls. They were all quiet until one of them started shouting. Then suddenly every one of them started cheering and clapping.

It was only then I noticed the majority of them had on a prisoner's suite. So in the end, not much humans were killed and the ghould were freed. I smiled at everyone's happy and cheering faces.

As I was looking around I saw him. So he was the presence I felt while coming here.
I broke down crying. Great.

What a mood change.