Chapter 16

Unedited

I saw black. Nothing but blackness. I heard voices, hushed whispers. They were coming from my right. I turned and blindly let their voices guide me to them. Who is them? Do I know these voices?

You don't make any sense.

It seemed like the voices came from right in front of me, but still, I could't see them. And then suddenly the lights went on.

I stood still, unmoving, and let my eyes adjust to the light. Once they were, I saw a face that I thought I never would've been able to see again.

Mom.

I immediatly engulfed her in a hug and felt her wrap her arms around me too. I looked over her shoulder and saw my dad. He walked over to us and hugged me too. I was finally happy.

My parents pulled back and my mom grabbed my shoulders and looked sternly at me. ''Sarah, my dear child, you have no idea how much we've missed you.'' Her voice cracked at the end and a tear escaped her eye, causing me to do the same. ''But we will have to say goodbye again.'' She whispered.

''What?'' I said, shocked. After all, we've just reunited. I didn't want to leave them.

My dad spoke up, ''In the real world it wasn't your time to go. Because we, and your sister, are ghouls and you aren't, doesn't mean you don't have our blood in you. You do. And right now, they are bringing you back. Taking advantage of your ghoul side.''

My mother continued, ''Your other half is doing everything in his power to bring you back. And you, my dear daughter, can not leave him alone.''

''I have an other half? Have I even met him?'' I asked.

My parents chuckled. "Sarah, you were with him all this time, did you never notice the tingles you felt? The way he seemed to pull you in? The way his eyes always seemed to capture you, in the most unappropraite situations?''

And that was when realisation hit me like a brick.

''U-Uta?'' I stuttered. The one I was supposed to keep my distance from, was my soulmate?

My mom nodded. ''The boy that's always dressed in black with all those piercings.''

''Don't forget his ink covered body.'' My dad said jokingly. But this was no joke to me, I was shocked.

''How do you guys approve of him so fast? Aren't parents supposed to keep their children away from very creepy looking people?''

My dad said, ''Sarah, aren't you the one who always says 'Never judge someone because of their appearance'?''

''Yes bu-''

''No buts. We accepted him, and now it's your turn. But we should say goodbye now.''

''No! I want you with me!''

The last words I heard were from my mother. ''We are always with you, Sarah, don't forget that, dear. Now, follow my instuctions. Lay down.''

Even though I knew what she was trying to do, I did as she told me anyway.

''Close your eyes.''

As soon as I closed my eyes her voice was merely a whisper. I felt everything darken once again.

''Don't forget,'' my mom's voice sounded, ''after all, God created us in pairs.''

***

Beep, beep, beep.

This was my heart, I knew this much. I also knew that I was surrounded by a lot of people.

''Her heart rate went up.'' I heard him. Uta, my saviour, my soulmate.

I felt him quickly come to my side and gazing at me.

I tried opening my eyes, but failed.

I tried once again and this time someone noticed my slightly moving eyelids.

A woman called, ''She's awake!''

I honestly didn't know how many people were staring at me, but I knew there were enough to make me uncomfortable.

I tried for a third time, and this time my lids finally complied. My eyes opened. Light blinded me and I heard Stefan gasp. What was he gasping for? I looked at him with a questioning gaze.

''She has the eyes of a ghoul,'' he whispered.

_________________________________

I'm pretty proud of myself y'know. I've been keeping my promise of updating every day. And just so you know, there is a very interesting chapter coming up soon... Vote & Comment. Loves x

Red Eyes (Uta Fan Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें