Chapter 10

Edited

Stefan's dogs, I mean, men, distributed blankets to everyone to sleep on or under for the night. However, there weren't enough blankets which meant some had to share, this included both me and Uta. 

''We're no strangers to sharing a space while sleeping,'' Uta laid out the blanket on the ground.

''We're going to need another one to keep warm, if you're using that to lay underneath us,'' I pointed at the sprawled out blanket. 

''There are no blankets left,'' a little girls voice chirped from behind me. When I turned around I was looking at what I assumed was a little girl underneath the mask. A mask I would have recognized out of hundreds due to it being custom made by me and Uta. 

''Avery?'' My face lit up with a smile. 

''Yes! Thank you for the mask, I really love it!'' 

''You're very welcome, but what are you doing here? Isn't it dangerous for you to be... here?'' I gestured to everything around us while Uta remarked 'I'm an angel, what are you talking about' which both me and the little girl ignored. 

''Nope! My dads are looking out for me and they said I could help out due to my smaller size!''

My stomach churned with worry for the little girls wellbeing. I realised she was a ghoul, but made a mental note to watch out for her. 

''I'm gonna go now! Bye!'' Avery skipped away towards the spot her little family had equipped. 

I sighed and looked down at the now laying Uta. He was laying on his back with one leg extended. He had one of his arms folded beneath his head and the other one extended. 

''I'm gonna get cold,'' I mumbled to no one in particular as I laid down beside him and instinctively used his arm as a makeshift pillow. 

''You have me.'' Uta didn't break away his gaze from the night sky as he said that. My insides fluttered with what I assumed was excitement. There was no use in lying to myself, I had clearly developed feelings for him. I couldn't help but feel worried slightly, seeing how I completely trusted a ghoul that had been stalking me for a while and being my guardian angel. What if he gets manic one day and ends up killing me for fuel?

I turned my head to look at him. His skin was practically glowing in the night sky. His skin looked so soft, so kissable. I blushed at the thought. I was taking in his smell as I imagine what it would be like to run my hands through his hair. I took in the image in front of me as I admired his many piercings and his tattoo running across his neck.

''What are you staring at?'' 

My blush deepened. There was no use in lying or playing it cool though when he was clearly aware of what I had been doing. 

''Looking at you. Your skin seems... really soft. I want to feel if it is indeed as soft as it looks.''

Still without looking at me he used the arm that was folded behind his head to grab my hand and softly place it on his neck. My heart was skipping, butterflies were nearly filling up my insides. I traced his skin with the tips of my fingers. Finally no longer to contain myself I leaned in to place a kiss on his jaw. 

But right as I went in he turned his head to look at me which in resulted in my lips landing on his. Both our eyes widened in shock. After two whole seconds passed my mind finally processed what just happened and I pulled away to look at the sky. 

I gulped, ''The stars are... very bright tonight aren't they.''

''Yeah,'' Uta also turned back to the stars. ''they are.'' 

''He's anything you'd want in a man. He's so hot.''

''Yeah, so hot.''

''Honestly can you imagine him and I as an item. We are so perfect for each other!''

''So perfect.''

I frowned and turned towards the voices where I spotted two girls looking over at us. Although not very visible in the dark, I could tell one of them was a redhead and the other one a brunette. They were talking about Uta while not even sneaky about it. Arrogance, is what I got from that. At least from the girl who was making the statements. The other was clearly a buttkissing airhead.

''Don't bother, they're trying to get you angry.''

I layed back down before I heard the next phrase leave the redheads mouth.

''That girl he's with, he's way too good for her. Did you see what she was wearing? They don't even match! Not to mention, she looks so dumb when she's staring off into space. Ugh. I want him for myself.'' 

''Well, it worked,'' I said to him as I stood up and walked over to the two girls.

''What do you want.''

''Him. And you, gone.''

''I'm not leaving.''

''Yet, hun. I will make you leave and then seduce him. Never has there been a man who was able to resist my charms.''

''So charming,'' the brunette chimed in from her side. I rolled my eyes before fixing my gaze back on the redhead.

''We're about to rob a prison of their prisoners, and you're thinking about seducing a guy?'' I scoffed, ''You're sadder then I thought. Try to pick up some hobbies, hun.''

Her mouth was agape as anger was easily read all over her face. I turned to leave but not before I stopped dead in my tracks.

''You know he's just keeping you to eat you later, right?''

Upon seeing me stop she continued, ''You're a human, he's a ghoul. It's not rocket science. Think about it as cooking up your dinner. When he's bored of you, the way he'll discard you is by using you as food. Anyway, good night. We have a long day ahead tomorrow.''

She succesfully planted a growing seed of pure worry into my head. I walked back over to Uta and layed down. I turned away from him and hugged my knees to my chest. Even if I didn't want to believe it, what she said was still a possibility. And him neither confirming or denying it right now was only further enforcing the idea. 

Just as I was about to doze off I felt strong arms wrap around my torso and pull me into a cold body. 

''Was my skin soft like you imagined?''

''Yeah. The lips too... soft.'' 

''Yours too,'' was the only thing I heard before I made my way to dreamland. 

___________________________

Because the story is HEAVILY being edited, the unedited chapters are starting to not make sense anymore. If you have yet to read the story, please wait for the release of the edited chapters. I'm releasing at least 1 edited chapter every day. When the book if fully edited, all these messages will be deleted <3  VOTE & COMMENT