Chapter 22

Unedited

I was running, running really fast. I was a ghoul now, which added to my speed. I wanted to get out of here, I needed. I didn't want to feel this pain anymore. I am going to start again. Start over.

I will forget everything and everyone. No Stefan, no Nicki, no Uta. No anyone until I am healed.

I kept running until I saw a motorcycle chained to a pole. I looked around and saw nobody, this as my chance. I went to a full speed, and kicked with full force, breaking the chain.

I grabbed a Bobby pin out of my hair and started it, and set off in full speed. I learned this trick from when I was a rooky, when I just started learning how to survive.

I kept going until I was on the highway, out of the city. I was going to find a place a few cities from here. I couldn't believe I was stabbed in my back by the one I started seeing as a friend.

I haven't told anyone where I was going for the coming time, not that I have anybody to talk to anyway.

I have finally learned something new. Not necessarily new, but I definitely know not ever to forget this anyway.

Everyone stands alone.

I don't have hope anymore. I don't have friends. I don't have any family left. I have no home. I have no humanity left.
I was slowly going cold and I could feel it in every cell.

"A true king always has his queen's back, and he, isn't." I whispered out loud.

Letting the wind blow past and trough my hair, I went to away, away from my ghoul.

***

"You can do better, Sarah! Come on! What has gotten into you!? You keep forgetting the defense!" My trainer yelled at me. I wiped the blood that was trickling from my mouth with the back of my hand and tried again.

I nodded to my opponent, who happened to be a boy. Yeah, my luck again. We started fighting again and this time I finally managed to get him down. I kept my hold on him, not letting him go.

I punched him repeatedly in the face. My trainer thinks I'm weak? I'll show him fucking weak. I heard someone yelling in the background and came back to my senses.

I looked below me to the face I just made bleed. I quickly stood up and offered my hand but the boy just whimpered and crawled backwards.
Coach was still yelling beside me, he was really close in my face.

"You worthless piece of shít! Can't you do one thing good for once!? Look at what you've done! You're just a bother."

I balled my fists. "Tch." I spit in his face and walked casually away. I won't let others call me names. At the start in didn't bother me much but that animal just doesn't know when to shut up.

After collecting my stuff I walked home. I didn't need to use my stolen bike, the city I chose to live in wasn't big so everything was close by.

I opened the door and walked in not bothering to lock the door behind me. I walked straight to the kitchen and made an enormous cup of coffee.

It's been four months since I've been away from my known ones. I didn't bother calling any of them my friends, I didn't know them long enough.

I haven't ate any humans since Uta fed me, back in his room. As I said before, I refuse to kill and devour humans. They all have a life, friends and family. I know how it feels to have your family taken away. I don't wish to be the cause of something so inhuman.

I survived this long by eating animals. Before being a full ghoul I wasn't a vegetarian, so I didn't have problems now with eating animals. Sure, it wasn't as good or good smelling as humans were, but I still survived. So I think I'm ok.

I hadn't heard anything from Uta either. As if I cared, he can go and fuck with Nicki or something. I don't give a damn.

You do.

I tried ignoring the stinging in my heart by the thought of them together. Every time I thought about Uta, I got this sudden urge to kill.

I wanted to go back and let everyone see how much a small girl like me be dangerous. And I knew just the way to do it.

In my four months here I had made some friends with the ghouls here. We decided to strike the big prison for ghouls that CCG owned in my past town. I heard that there were ghouls there that were as innocent as a mouse.

Of course this would also be my big entrance. I was going to avoid Uta all together, I knew it would hurt too much to see him.

This whole plan was starting tomorrow.

I've trained enough and am ready for whatever I'll have to face.

I am going back.