All in one weekend

Please read the authors note at the end !!

"Be safe okay Tommy ?"
Thomas leans in for a kiss while sliding his arms around my waist and I return the action while hanging my arms around his neck. His face is inches away from mine as he starts to speak, "are you sure you can't come? It's not too late to book another airplane ticket...I'm going to miss you" I lean in and give him several pecks on his lips. He smiles into our kiss and I break free from his grasps.
"You'll only be gone for a weekend, and it's your sisters wedding! Oh! By the way, you have the gift I got for her-"
"Yup, it's packed at the top so I don't forget to give it to her" I laugh as I brush his hair back, giving him more kisses on his cheeks.
"You know I'd love to come but I have to take my drivers test before my license expires!"
He nods his head as he pouts.
"The plane to Florida will take off in 30 minutes"  I sigh as the speakers turn off, "I'm going to miss you too, text me every day" he hold onto my hands, "I will and good luck"
I stand and watch him as he walks off to his destination.
It's just three days.. I can hold up without him for three days.
"(Y/N)!!" I turn around to see Thomas running back to me. I laugh as he picks me up and kisses my lips passionately not caring that we're in public. "I forgot to tell you I love you" he puts me down and kisses my forehead and leaves trails of kisses all over my face and neck. I'm going to miss this for a whole weekend. "I love you too" he gives me one last kiss as he waves goodbye and walks away. I laugh as he keeps staring back.
"I'll bring you back something!" I smile and yell back an okay.
~~~~
I sit in bed painting my nails. Thomas is probably having a good time right now. I really do miss him... My phone rings and I happily pick up to see that Tommy's sister, Ava is calling.
"Ava!! How was your wedding"
"It was really fun...and thank you for your gift.." Her voice is tense...I bite my lip, a bad habit that I tend to do when I get nervous.
"What's wrong?.."
She starts to cry, and I hold onto my heart, being able to hear and feel her pain through her tears.
"(Y/N).... Thomas..." My eyes widen and my heart beats faster at the mention of his name...Thomas...what's wrong with Thomas..? I wait for her answer not realizing that I wasn't able to say it out loud. I take heavy breaths.
"Ava..what's wrong with Thomas ?" She starts to cry even harder making it even more difficult to understand what she's trying to say. I hear Ava's voice going distant, only to replace the new voice with Jake, Ava's newly wed husband.
"Jake..what's happening ?" He sighs before replying, "(Y/N), I don't know if I can sugar coat this for you but, Thomas is in the hospital" he waits for me to reply but I can't. My head starts to spin and I clench my throat trying to bear some words out. Tears start to pour out of my eyes.
My voice is shaken as I try to reply, "I.. Don't understand"
"We went surfing after the wedding..and a big wave got him, he's fine just a few broken bones but..he's in a coma. The doctor says everything will be fine, and he can come home to you as soon as he recovers" My breathing un- evens and I cry even harder. A coma?? What if he doesn't wake up!? Tommy... Should I get a plane ticket and fly over..?
As if jake read my mind he replied, "I don't think you should get a plane ticket to come here, it's very expensive and the doctors said he'll be fine..we'll be taking care of him too, so don't worry" I feel a genuine smile from him and it slowly calms my breathing.
I try and give my best wishes and we end the call. I fall asleep after what seemed hours.
~~~~
Tuesday...3 days since I got the call from Ava. I haven't gotten a call since.. He's all I can think about and I don't know what I'd do without-
My phone rings and I pick up as fast as I could, not even looking at the caller ID, but praying it'd be them.
"Hello?!" I brush my fingers through my hair, trying to calm myself down.
"(Y/N), how are you?" I sigh with relief as I hear Ava's voice who sounds as steady as I wish I could be.
I laugh nervously, "hopefully I'm about to feel relief" She laughs, "Thomas is awake and he's up and running"
Thank god..!!!!! I sit up from my slouching position and cry of happiness. "But.."
My smile fades and my heart starts to skip a beat.
"He forgot lots of stuff...he has amnesia" amnesia ? That's fine...as long as he's with me. "We'll be at your place soon, give us 2 hours" I nod my head, forgetting that we're on the phone. "Okay" and we end the call.
Hopefully he hasn't forgotten much...like how much he loved me.
~~~~
The doorbell rings and I quickly run to open the door. Ava stands in front of me with open arms and a humongous smile on her face. I smile and hug her super tightly. "Congrats !" She smiles and thanks me while showing me her gorgeous ring. Jake comes up beside her and I congratulate him too. I finally see Thomas come out of the car holding his luggages. My eyes water at the sight of him, so I bite my bottom lip to keep from crying.
We all go inside as I go to the kitchen to grab some drinks. I head to the living room and pass the drinks around, while noticing that Thomas isn't with us. Ava looks at my confused expression and answers my question for me,
"He's upstairs in his room"
I walk up the stairs trying to find him. There he is. Standing in our room looking at our pictures that we hung on the wall. My heart flutters at the sight of him...His tall figure and his scruffy hair...I miss him..and I really just want to attack him with my hugs and kisses but I don't know how much he remembers. I quickly wipe away the one tear that escaped.
"Hello Tommy" I smile with tears in my eyes as he turns around. My body aches for him to embrace me with his hugs. We look into each other eyes, and my smile drops just a little. His eyes don't look like they used to when he looks at me. I no longer see his warm brown eyes filled with love, instead I see hard eyes; he stares at me as if I'm a stranger which right now I am. I bite my lip. "Hello" he puts out his hand for me to shake. I stare at his hand to his face and shake his hand. "You must be (Y/N)" I try and give an convincing smile and nod, still hurt...I can't do this...I can't be treated like a stranger by him..it hurts too much. I want to hug him...kiss him..I just want him..and knowing that he doesn't love me or like me that way hurts bad.
"I don't remember much but I'll try to remember everything..hopefully it won't take me long"
I try and push my luck, "how much do you remember?.." he lets go of my hand and the loss of his touch brings me shivers. He rubs the back of his neck. "Stuff that I'm suppose to remember like..passwords to credit cards...my family members...and how to drive..but I can't seem to remember anything about you" I bite my lip and nod. I can almost feel my heart breaking and falling. I don't feel the love from his eyes , his body language or his heart anymore...I feel nothing from him..no compassion..or the protectiveness I used to feel. I'm a stranger to him.
"Why're you crying (Y/N)?!.. Did I say something ?" I then notice the tears that I've held in for so long starting to fall.
"No..sorry..." I regain my breathe..this is all so embarrassing. "I was just so worried about you...I'm just glad that you're okay" he smiles and looks behind me. Ava and her husband stand behind me. She puts her hand on my shoulder and gives me a sympathetic smile, I return one. "We'll be off now..have fun you two" she kisses my cheek and they head off.
~~~~
It's been a week since Thomas came home...he still hasn't remembered anything about us...he's only watched and seen pictures and videos of us but it hasn't affected him at all. He never shows any interest in me and treats me as an acquaintance...he hasn't touched me either..no kisses or hugs. He sleeps in the guest room leaving me all alone to my thoughts.
I wake up feeling hopeful..maybe today he will remember. I head to the kitchen to find him sitting, stirring his coffee. I lean into the wall to just stare at him..I finally work up the courage to go up to him, "good morning" he glances at me and back to his phone, "morning, I made some coffee for you" i don't drink coffee...but I've been drinking coffee for him this entire time..
"I'm going out with my friends tonight so don't lock the door" I look up at him, "where are you going?"
He just shrugs off the question with a 'dunno' and walks to his room.
That was it..that was our morning encounter. Never less than 10 minutes...but never longer than 30. My heart aches and there's no one who understands my pain...he's alive and healthy with me right now.. Is that not enough for me? ..maybe I'm being too selfish..
~~~~
I hear a slight knock on my bedroom door, "come in"
As soon as the door opens I smell his cologne that he wore every single day...the cologne that I chose for him. I take in the familiar scent and smile. He smiles back, "I'm leaving now" "okay... Have fun"
He nods and walks out of the room. I miss him.
~~~~
I look at the clock which reads 3:00 AM. He should be home by now..it's really late. Hopefully someone gave him a ride home..hopefully he's not to drunk. He should be fine...
The door slams open and shut as I think of him. I head down the stairs to the door and stop; my mouth is slightly open and my throat burns, my heart beats quickly and my eyes start to sting with the pain of wanting to release.
Tommy has a woman pinned to our wall as they kiss each other with passion...something I haven't done with him in a while. She grabs a fistful of his hair and she leaves trails of kisses down his neck.
I can't handle this anymore...I don't deserve this pain...the tears release for the 10000th time,
"Thomas ?" Both of them hasn't heard me since both of their tongues were still down each other's throats.
I walk down the steps and touch his shoulder, causing both of them to jump. He stares at me and I take in his scent which of course has changed to a feminine one. The girl looks at me with pure disgust, "what the hell Tommy ? Who's this? ..I'm not drunk enough for this drama" she takes off not caring about the statement she made and Thomas looks at me angrily. "What the hell (Y/N)?!" I instantly back off, scared of his anger.. "She took 3 hours to get through too!"
I can't help but feel defeated...loss..hopeless.
"Tommy..I'm your girlfriend..I love-"
"Then let's break up, you haven't acted like 'my girlfriend' and-"
I cut him off..he doesn't understand how much pain I've been in, "I was trying to give you space I-"
"I feel no sex appeal towards you anyway..I could do so much better..it's best we cut ties..I'm done pretending to be happy with you cause I'm not...you may still be in love, but there won't be a feeling in return from me..can't believe I wasted my time on you"
Anger and sadness courses through my veins as we lock eyes. His eyes remain hard and cold, and regret-less. My arms shake and I slap him with the energy I had left inside me.
"Say what you want to say but we were in love, and I'll be gone from your life by tomorrow" I storm up the stairs and let everything go. Where the hell did I work up the courage to do and say all that. The tears don't stop as I fall to my bedroom floor, not bothering to walk a few steps to the bed. I feel broken. He doesn't understand my pain, and I guess he never will. I keep glancing back at the door waiting for him to come in and tell me how much he loves me and how sorry he is. Stop. That won't happen...your a stranger to him.
Who knew so much could happen in a weekend... I slowly get up to look in the mirror. I look and feel terrible. I can't do this anymore...I can't keep crying myself to sleep and praying for him to get his memory back... I get it ..he doesn't love me anymore...I can't stay here..I'll be reminded of the pain I have every day.
I go into the closet to find my luggage and as soon as I do, I try and pack all of my things. I do so successfully and quickly but quietly head down the stairs. The living room and kitchen are pitch black which means that Thomas is out or in his room, which is a good thing..I don't want to see him before I leave..it'll break me. I head out the door and turn on my car, hopefully it won't be that hard to find a hotel this late at night. My breathing is shaky and my body is trembling As i drive away leaving away all of my problems.