Chapter 5

Chapter 5

       I looked through my closet, trying to find something to wear. I always had troubles picking out an outfit whenever I was going to a party. I didn't know why. It was usually so easy for me to pick an outfit but if it was for a party, my mind drew a blank.

       I sighed and looked at the clock on my wall. The party didn't start for another hour, so I still had time. 

       Loud music from the house next door suddenly blasted, making me lose complete concentration. I huffed and walked over to my open window. Seb was in his room, going through one of the drawers of his dresser, which I was guessing was his shirt drawer. Because he was shirtless.

       Great.

       "Can you turn down your music?!" I asked, having to yell because his music was that loud.

       Seb looked up from his dresser and gave me a smirk. "I would, but it seems to bother you, so the answer is no."

       I groaned and slammed my window shut, as well as closing the curtains because I couldn't have his stupid body distracting me.

       I could still hear the music playing, but it was more muffled, so I could concentrate a bit more. 

       I went back to my closet and decided to randomly grab a piece of clothing and create an outfit with that. I ended up grabbing a white crop top with a v-neck, which was good enough for me. I matched it off with a pair of high-waisted maroon jeans and white converse. 

       After getting changed, I straightened my hair so it was a bit longer than its regular shoulder length

       After getting changed, I straightened my hair so it was a bit longer than its regular shoulder length. I applied some makeup, but not too much, before grabbing my cell phone and heading downstairs. "Mom," I said when I walked into the living room where she was. "Can drop me off now?"

       "Sure," Mom said, putting the book she was reading down and standing up from the couch. 

       We went out of the house and to her car. I gave her the address, which Ty texted me a few days ago. Luckily, it wasn't that far from my house. It was only a ten minute drive.

       Mom stopped the car. "Here you go, Artemis," she said. "I'll pick you up at eleven."

       "Eleven?" I asked. "But..." I stopped when she gave me a sharp look. "Eleven it is. Thanks for the ride, Mom."

       I got out of the car, immediately seeing a familiar motorcycle in the driveway. Fantastic, Seb was here. As much as I still wanted to be his friend, he was very irritating.

       I walked through the open door, immediately being greeted by loud music. However, it wasn't as loud as Seb was playing his earlier.

       "Artemis!" a voice called over the music. I turned around to see a smiling Ty. "Hey, you made it!"