Chapter 32

Chapter 32

       As soon as I sat down at the cafeteria table at school, Ty walked up to me. "Can we talk?" he asked.

       "No," I said. "So get lost."

       "Come on, Artemis," Ty said. "I've been wanting to talk to you for so long, but you always had that meat-head around you."

       "If you want to talk to me, it would be smart not to call my boyfriend a meat-head," I said, seriously wishing that Seb was here with me at school. Or Dax. But, that wasn't possible. Seb was released from the hospital this morning and was staying at home, and Dax was still in juvie.

       For the whole weekend, I tried finding out who did it, but I had no leads whatsoever. Maybe I could start with having a few suspects...

       "Where are the Smythe brothers anyway?" Ty asked.

       "None of your business," I snapped.

       Ty held up his hands in defence. "Whoa, no need to get snappy. I was just wondering considering you're always with at least one of them."

       "Yeah? And where's your girlfriend?" I asked. 

       "Why? Jealous?" he asked.

       I snorted. "Me? Jealous that Kali, aka the backstabber, is dating you? No. Why? Are you jealous of Seb?"

       "I could never be jealous of him," Ty said. "I hate him."

       "That, I kind of figured," I said.

       "So, what did you do for spring break?" he asked.

       "Why are you asking?" I asked.

       "Because neither Sebastian nor Dax are with you, so you seem lonely," Ty said.

       "Even if I was lonely, I wouldn't want to talk to you," I said. "That, and I'm literally not in the mood to talk to anyone right now."

       Ty raised an eyebrow. "You? Mad? That never happens."

       It does if someone stabbed my boyfriend and blamed it on my best friend. "That's because something happened and if you keep talking to me, I'm going to snap."

       Ty ignored my comment and sat down across from me. "I still want to talk about what happened between us," he said. "I really did like you, Artemis. Getting Sebastian mad was just a bonus."

       "Yeah, you told me that," I said. "But seriously, it doesn't matter because I'm dating Seb and I love him."

       Ty was quiet for a bit before he sighed. "I did it again, did I?" 

       "Did what?" I asked.

       "Took someone Sebastian loves away," Ty said. "I thought he was only mad at me dating you because you were his best friend. But, now that I think about it, he probably saw it as me taking someone he loves away."

       "So you didn't mean to be a jerk?"

       Ty glared at me. "Funny. I may hate Sebastian a lot, but that doesn't mean I would want to take anybody else away from him."

       It may be weird, but hearing him say that made me think that he could have stabbed Seb. It made sense. He hated Seb and even though he didn't want to take people away from him, would Ty take Seb away from others?

       No, he couldn't have done it.

       ...Could he? Would he actually do it? Did he actually hate Seb so much he would try killing him?