Chapter 27

Chapter 27

       It was the day of the dance at school and Seb still wasn't going to go. I didn't ask him anymore because I didn't want to pressure him into going when he said he didn't want to do. I couldn't say the same for Dax.

       I lost count on how many times Dax either asked Seb to go to the dance with us or how he made a joke about me going as Dax's date. Seb got pissed a lot.

       It took a while for me to find a dress, but in the end, I decided on one I already had instead of buying an all-new one. Besides, I had no one to impress at the dance.

       I decided on a pale pink dress with a sheer neckline. The dress was decorated with silver sequins, and I matched it off with silver bow earrings and silver heels.

 The dress was decorated with silver sequins, and I matched it off with silver bow earrings and silver heels

       I then decided to make a stupid decision and look out my window, only to see Seb.

       Shirtless.

       Man, he was attractive.

       Seb, who was digging through his dresser, glanced up and saw me, giving me a smirk. "I'm sorry, do you want me to put a shirt on?" he asked.

       "Shut up."

       "You look gorgeous, by the way," Seb said.

       I gave him a smile. "Thanks, Seb. I should be going now."

       "Oh, alright," Seb said. "I'll see you later. And keep an eye on Dax for me."

       "Of course I will," I said. "I'll even dance with him because he's my date and I know he bought me a corsage."

       "Shut the hell up, he didn't."

       I just gave him an innocent smile before closing the curtains and turning off my bedroom light. Dax didn't actually buy me a corsage. He wasn't even really my date. We just liked saying we were going as dates to bug Seb, though it was more of him than me.

       When I got downstairs, Mom looked up from the book she was reading and gave me a smile. "Oh, you look so beautiful, Artemis," she said. "And Sebastian isn't going?"

       "No, dances aren't really his thing," I said.

       She put down her book and stood up since she was the one driving me to the school. She grabbed her car keys from off the kitchen counter and we went outside to the car. Dax was waiting by his house since Mom was going to be driving him as well.

       "Thanks for driving me there, too," Dax said to my mom as he got in the backseat. "Seb refused to take me because he didn't want to be by the school outside of school hours."

       "No problem," Mom said as she started up the car and pulled out of the driveway. "Although, I'm still a bit confused as to why he wouldn't want to go if you two are going."