Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Seb

       I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to get some food because I was starving, only to see Sara cooking dinner. When she wasn't looking, I took an apple sitting in the fruit basket on the counter. "You better put that back," Sara said, though her back was facing me. "Dinner is almost ready."

       "Put what back?" I asked innocently.

       "The apple you grabbed," she said. 

       I sighed and put the apple back in the basket. "I don't know how you do that every time," I said. "And don't you want me eating my fruits and vegetables?"

       "Yes, but not when it's almost dinner," she said.

       "Fine," I muttered. I was still hungry... "Oh, by the way, I'm going to a party after dinner."

       "And I'm driving you," she said.

       "What?" I asked. No way in hell was my guardian going to drive me to the party. It would almost be like my mom driving me.

       "I said I'm driving you," Sara said, turning the heat on the stove burner she was using to low before facing me. "Sebastian, I know what happens when you go to parties, aka you drinking. I'm not going to let you drive there, get drunk, and drive back on your motorcycle while drunk."

       "Then I won't drink," I said.

       "It's either I take you, or you don't go at all," Sara said. "It's not that I don't trust you, but you might end up drinking anyway. If you want me to stay your guardian, then I can't get you arrested for drinking and driving, especially if it's a motorcycle you're driving."

       I sighed. As much as I didn't want to admit it, she had a point. And I really needed Sara to continue being my guardian if I wanted to stay with Dax and not be separated from my beautiful Artie. "Fine," I said. "But you'll drop me off at least five houses down and I'll walk the rest of the way."

       "Fair enough," Sara said. "Can you get your brother and sister? Dinner's ready."

       I went upstairs to get Gemma and Dax. The guest room was turned into Gemma's room once she and Sara moved in. I told her it was dinner, then went to Dax's room. He, being the weird person he was, was hanging upside down on his bed, listening to music as he was on his phone.

       I told him it was dinner and we went downstairs. One thing I liked about Sara being our guardian was that she was an amazing cook. That, and she was one of the most understanding people I had ever met. Dax was right, she couldn't replace our mom, but I was still glad she was watching over us.

       When I finished eating, I put my plate in the sink and went upstairs to my room since the party I was going to was starting soon. I noticed Artie had her curtains open and I saw her looking through he closet for something to wear since she was coming to the party as well.

       Knowing that it was going to bother her, I took off my shirt while I looked for another one to wear. I couldn't even count how many times she caught me shirtless in my room and blushed.

       She was so adorable when she blushed.

       While I was going through my dresser, I glanced over at Artie, only to see her looking at me. She blushed and quickly turned back to her closet. "You know, there's no reason for you to be shy about checking me out," I said with a smirk.

       Artie glared at me. "Shut up."

       "Baby, just accept my body."

       "I will seriously close my curtains," Artie said.