Chapter 8

Chapter 8

       Friday came faster than I thought, which meant it was time for my date with Ty. For the past couple of days, Seb and Ty hadn't argued, which was good, but I mainly think it was because they decided to ignore each other instead.

       Hey, ignoring each other was better than arguing and fighting like they always did.

       It took me a long time to pick an outfit, mainly because I didn't know what we were doing. Ty told me he wanted to keep it surprised, but there was one date I really hoped we didn't do; go to the movies. Don't get me wrong, I loved going to the movies, but not so much as a first date. If things worked out, I would be fine going there as a casual date, but not the first one.

       "I'm pretty sure sweats aren't acceptable for a date!" I heard Seb call out from his bedroom. I turned around and looked out my window, seeing Seb resting his shoulders on the window ledge. "Then again, it's with Ty so it will work."

       "Funny," I said sarcastically. "Are you really fine with me going on a date with him though?"

       Seb sighed. "Partially, no. I hate his guts. But, on the other hand, I want you to be happy, Artie. If he's nice to you, then there's no reason for me to get in the way."

       I gave him a smile. "Thanks, Seb. You're the best."

       "I know," he said. "But if he ever hurts you in any way, tell me and I'll kick his ass."

       "Sure," I said, only to give him the satisfaction. I doubt Ty would hurt me in any way. I never saw him be rude to anyone except for Seb. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pick out an outfit. Which is harder than it seems."

       "Do something pink or red," Seb said. "Those colours suit you."

       I raised my eyebrow. "Are you, Sebastian Smythe, giving me fashion advice?"

       "Do you want help or not?" he asked. "Just pick something because it's twenty minutes to seven and I'm positive you told me he's picking you up at seven."

       I sighed when I looked at the time before I closed my curtains and went to my closet. I decided to take Seb's advice and go for something either red or pink.

       I picked out a pink dress with a floral lace pattern and a thin black belt. I matched it off with black heels, a black jacket, black earrings, a black bracelet and a black heart-shaped purse. After I was dressed, I touched up on the makeup I already had and curled my hair. I was one minute to seven when I finished, but luckily, Ty hadn't shown up yet.

 I was one minute to seven when I finished, but luckily, Ty hadn't shown up yet

       I opened my window, seeing Seb in his room playing his guitar. I remembered him getting it when he was six, but he never told anyone he had one because he hated when people asked him to play it for them. "Seb," I said. He turned to face me, his eyebrows raising. "So? Is this good?" I gestured to my outfit.