Chapter 29

Chapter 29

       I was so happy when spring break was here. Granted, it was only one week, but it was still better than having to go to school for a week.

       To make things better, Seb and Dax were going to their lake cabin, just the two of them, and Seb invited me to come.

       It took a lot of convincing but in the end, my parents finally agreed to it. It was more of my dad not wanting me to go, but my mom convinced him otherwise as soon as she was fine with me going.

       "Make sure you call every day," Dad said as I brought my suitcase down the stairs. "If you don't, I might think you were mauled by a bear."

       "Dad, I'm only going to be gone for two nights," I said. "I'll be there one full day, that's it."

       "You sill better call."

       I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I'll make sure I call every day. I have to go now."

       "Alright, have fun," Dad said. "But not too much fun. I'm getting Dax to keep an eye on you and Sebastian."

       "Dad..."

       "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," he said. "Kind of. Go on now. They're waiting outside for you."

       Tugging my suitcase behind me, I walked out of my house and closed the door behind me. Seb and Dax's dad didn't have work while we were going to the lake cabin, so Seb was going to borrow his car. Good thing too, because there was no way we could get to the cabin, which was an hour and a half away, on his motorcycle. I wouldn't get on that thing anyway.

       Seb was waiting by the car and when I walked to him, he gave me a smile before taking my suitcase and putting it in the trunk. Dax was sitting in the back seat, so I got to sit in the passenger seat. I asked Dax if he wanted to sit in the front, but he told me he would rather sit in the back because that was where all the food was.

       He was a smart boy.

       Once we were all in the car, Seb started it up and pulled out of the driveway. Dax immediately told Seb to put on music, but Seb refused, saying the music Dax listened to sucked. They then got into a huge argument.

       In the end, Dax pulled out his headphones and plugged that into his phone.

       "The car ride would be nice with music," I spoke up.

       Seb gave me a sideways glance. "His music sucks, though."

       "His music is helping him," I pointed out. 

       "It's too late, he's already occupied," Seb said. "Plug your phone into the AUX cord."

        I snorted. "Yeah, right. I've listened to Dax's music before and I'm sure you'd appreciate that more than Taylor Swift."

       Seb made a sour face as if he just had some rotten milk. "Ew, no thanks. I'll just put on the radio." He turned on the radio and went to the most popular station. I almost laughed since a Taylor Swift song was playing and Seb did not like her at all. "Are you freaking kidding me?!"

       "Seb, relax," I said. "Just... Shake it off."

       "Shut the hell up."

       "Oh, come on, it's spring break, loosen up," I said with a smile. "I'm just teasing you anyway."

       "Yeah, I can see that," he muttered, turning off the radio.

       "Can't we keep it on?" I asked him, giving him a pout. However, he was keeping his eyes on the road so he didn't see me pout.