Chapter 15

Chapter 15

       I had to admit, as much as I was heartbroken over what Ty did to me, I was actually glad we were broken up. I didn't have to worry about Seb and Ty getting along. I didn't have to worry about who I should sit with a lunch.

       Ty tried talking to me a few times, but whenever he approached me, Seb gave him a really hateful glare and told him to beat it. I didn't even want to talk to Ty. There was literally nothing he could say that would make up for what he did.

       Nothing.

       "So," Gemma said as she peeled the crust off her sandwich. Seb and I were teaching the kids today, a Saturday, and they were having a lunch break right now. I was sitting alone with Gemma while all the other kids sat with Seb. "You have a boyfriend, right? Senpai Sebastian said so on your first day here."

       "I had a boyfriend," I said. "We broke up recently because he is a jerk."

       Gemma frowned. "What happened?"

       "I'd rather not get into it," I said. "It's a long story."

       "Oh," Gemma said. "Does that mean you and Senpai Sebastian will date?"

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "No? Why....why would you think that?"

       Gemma shrugged. "I don't know. I just thought you liked him. You always smile at him and you blush sometimes."

       "What?" I asked. "I never blush around him."

       Gemma smiled at me. "Yeah, you do. I see it all the time."

       I honestly had no idea what she was talking about. I never blushed around Seb. He never made me blush. We were best friends, that was it. Nothing more, nothing less.

        I looked over at Seb then, only to see a bunch of the kids climbing onto him. Three kids were clinging onto each of his legs, one was on his back, and one kid was literally dangling from his arm. They were all laughing as Seb tried getting any of them to let go. Whenever one did, another one would climb onto him.

       "See?" Gemma asked and I looked at her confused. "You're blushing right now!" She then gasped. "You do like him!"

       "Gemma, he's my best friend," I said, thankful that she was talking in a quiet voice. "That's it."

       Gemma shook her head, refusing to believe me. She was five years old, what did she know? "You look at him like you're more than friends," she informed me. "Like you really care about him."

       "That's because I do care about him," I said. "But that doesn't mean I like him."

       Gemma sighed dramatically and covered her eyes with her arms. "Come on! It's so obvious!"

       "What is?" Seb asked as he sat down beside me and Gemma.

       "How she's obviously the better instructor," Gemma lied instantly. I raised an eyebrow, impressed by that.

       Seb snorted. "What? No way. I'm better than..." He stopped when one of the hyper kids, Marcus, literally jumped onto Seb's back. He sighed. "Marcus, come on. I know it's you."

       Marcus cleared his throat and tried to deepen it. "It's not Marcus. It's, um... Clara!"

       "It's not me!" Clara denied, crossing her arms over her chest as her lips curled into a pout. "I don't sound like that."

       Marcus got off of Seb's back and ran over to where the other kids were. They were so hyper and active all the time. They probably had a bowl of sugar for breakfast every day.