Do I have to go?

Disclaimer: This is my story I own the rights.

Light in the Darkness

Chapter One

(Do I have to go?)

Jarrod’s point of view

I sat on the couch calmly watching as some of my fellow pack, members went racing around the house trying to finish getting ready to go out. I internally groaned. ‘Why the hell does it take women so damn long to get ready?’ Guys just grab something out of the drawer and closet and go. They might spend a little more time if they are trying to impress someone but not normally.

“You’re not going like that are you?” Lydia questioned looking at the black Jeans and Black T-Shirt I wore that read, ‘You’re all idiots’.

I practically glared at her before saying, “What of it?”

The pale long haired woman sighed, “You’re never going to find the right girl dressed like that.”

“Guess it’s a good thing I don’t give a fuck what people think then isn’t it? I don’t need a girl,” I told her so firm it came out colder than I intended.

“Switching to guys?” Mira smarted off as she went to walk past. I lifted my leg as she passed and forced her to fall into an ungraceful heap in the middle of the floor.

Mira got to her feet and made the mistake of coming my way. I grabbed her and had her lifted off the ground and pinned to the wall before she could blink.

“Jarrod,” Grant said warningly. I looked at him. “Put her down.”

“Fine!” I flung her away from the wall dropping her. Grant gave me an annoyed look that said ‘That’s not what I had in mind.’ I gave him a slight shrug and pretended I hadn’t realized he wanted me to be gentle. I knew of course he had but…Mira had pissed me off.

“Mira leave Jarrod alone before you piss him off too much and he takes you out,” The Alpha told the red haired woman. Mira frowned but got up from the floor quietly and left the room.

I smirked watching the redhead leave. She’s lucky Grant stopped me when he did.

“Go change.” Surprised I looked at my Alpha. “I don’t want to deal with any unnecessary altercations and your shirt is an open invitation.”

“I like this shirt,” I argued.

“I don’t care. Change.”

With a low growl I got up and left the room. I didn’t care what I looked like or what I wore. This is one of the few times I wished I didn’t have an Alpha. Then I could wear whatever the hell I liked. Grant was the only person that could actually make me change. I’d do it of course but I’d also get even.

I took off my shirt and tossed it on my bed. Opening the drawer I pulled out a different black t-shirt. This one was a No Fear shirt that read, ‘I don’t want to deal with you.’ I pulled it on and headed back out to the couch.

Grant read the shirt and sighed, “I guess I shouldn’t expect more from you.”

“I changed.” Grant walked away without comment.

**

Starla’s point of view

“How many times are you going to change your outfit?” I asked openly annoyed. Sure I changed my outfit three times but we were going on the 12th change for her.

“I want to look my best; I might meet the man of my dreams tonight!” Emma said excited. “The psychic said I would meet someone at a club.”

I wanted to hit my head on the nearest wall. She was dragging me out because a psychic told her she’d meet someone at a club. “Did she say you’d meet the man of your dreams?”

“It’s a he and not exactly but I know that’s what he meant. He even told me which club to go to,” Emma said adjusting her teal blue halter dress.

I internally groaned. ‘Fifty bucks we run into the psychic.’ I silently wondered if there was any way I could abruptly fake sick. Then again did I really want my friend going to a club she’d never been to before to meet a psychic that was setting himself up with her? No. Being a good friend I’d go; I’d make her pay later.

“I love that dress on you. Would you mind changing?” The dark haired girl asked looking at the royal blue dress I wore. “We might blend in and I want my guy to know which one he’s supposed to choose.”

I had half a mind to tell her where to go but changed my mind. If her and her psychic did hit it off then I wouldn’t be dragged out every weekend, “I’ll be right back.”

Annoyed, I went into my room and opened my closet. I could have told her to change, but then it might take another hour to get out the door. No longer caring what I wore I pulled out a Mocha colored sparkly spaghetti strapped dress. This would do.

I quickly changed into the dress and changing my dark blue shoes for my strappy sandals that matched I headed back out to the living room. “Can we go now?” I asked.

“To Shifters!”She announced.

The moment she said the name I knew I’d never heard of it. ‘The names clubs come up with,’ I thought to myself.Shaking my head I followed her out of our apartment; silently hoping I didn’t regret going out to a club I’d never heard of.