In Enemy Hands

Chapter 9

(In Enemy Hands)

Star’s point of view

I opened my eyes to see metal above me. I started to sit up, but stopped as I felt myself start to sway. ‘What’s going on?’ Slowly, I reached out and felt my hand touch metal. As my hand gripped a metal bar, I looked around and realized I was in a cage.

A gasp escaped my mouth as my eyes flew open wide and I realized I was in a cage suspended in the air by chains. Slowly I looked down; it was a long way down.

“Waking up, I see.” I heard an amused voice say. A look to my left revealed a man with dark-brown hair and piercing black eyes walking down the stairs from what appeared to be a third floor. My brief glance down at the ground below had revealed I was at least hanging two-stories high.

“Who are you?” I asked. I knew he was a vampire, but was curious to exactly who he was.

“Your little wolf friends didn’t tell you about me?”

“To be honest, I haven’t known them very long.”

“Yet you were at the pack house,” He replied knowingly.

“She saved Jarrod,” Jonathan said from below. His brown eyes glared at me and I had no doubt he still remembered the pepper spray I’d gotten him with.

The dark-haired vampire laughed. “So you’re the little mortal that caused so much trouble the other night.”

“She won’t be causing anymore,” Jonathan huffed.

“If you had not tried to bite me, I wouldn’t have pepper-sprayed you,” I informed the disgruntled vampire.

“You what?!” The dark-haired vampire roared. Before I could even blink, he was next to Jonathan. The blonde vampire didn’t have a chance as he was suddenly picked up and thrown through the air. “You were told to capture her, nothing more!”

“What does it…”

“She’s of no use if you kill or turn her!”

Jonathan picked himself up from among scattered boxes on the floor. “What does it matter, Fredero? She’d still be useful.”

“Not as useful as she is alive,” A feminine voice with an Asian accent replied. I looked over to see a short Asian female vampire just inside what appeared to be a metal door. She had long, straight, midnight-black hair and black eyes. She wore black, closed-toe stiletto boots on her feet, black pants and a long-sleeved black silk blouse with a black and silver vest over it.

‘I’m glad I’m in here,’ I thought to myself.

Her heels clicked across the concrete floor as she walked towards my hanging cage. She looked at me with calculating eyes. I involuntarily swallowed. Her facial expression was cold as she looked at me.

“Ling,” Fredero said, acknowledging the female vampire.

“Chang wants her unharmed until he arrives in two days.”

“Chang is coming here?” Jonathan questioned.

“Is that not what I just said?” Ling replied, sounding annoyed. “He will come and deal with the girl himself. Maybe he will play with her to hurt the wolf.”

I might be human, but I wasn’t stupid. “Play with me” could have two different meanings. It could be ‘beat’ me or ‘rape’ me. The latter of which appeared to be the most obvious by her tone.

‘Please find me, Jarrod.’ I had never been raped and didn’t care to experience such a thing.

Jarrod’s point of view