I'm your only

Chapter 10

(I’m your only)

Jarrod’s point of view

I paced the pack house angrily. Kathy had escaped during the trip back to Max’s pack house. ‘I knew I should’ve kept my hand around her throat!’ I thought to myself.

“Jarrod, calm down,” Max told me.

“She…”

“I slipped a tracker on her,” Dale informed me. ,

“You did?” Lydia questioned.

“Yeah, one thing about Kathy, she’s not observant when she’s only thinking about herself,” The red-haired wolf replied. I watched as he walked over to his computer and pulling up a tracking program he entered in a tracking number.

“Got her,” Dale said proudly. He brought up a map of her location and I saw red.

Letting out a low angry growl I headed for the door. Kathy was good when she wanted to be sneaky, but Grant and I had both suspected there was a traitor within the pack and now we knew who.

*

Star’s point of view

‘What did I ever do to deserve this?’ I wondered as I sat in yet another metal cage. My only consolation was at least this one was on the ground, but on the down side it was quite a bit smaller. I couldn’t stand up in it. The cage was 4 feet tall by 6 feet wide and 4 feet deep. Suddenly the danger I was in fell to the wayside as another thought came to mind. ‘I’m going to have the worst backache when they finally let me out.’ I didn’t even want to consider the idea they might never let me out.

I leaned against the back of the cage looking out into the office; my head resting on the back of the cage. The only reason I knew they’d let me out eventually was Ling had said Chang would be dealing with me himself.

I closed my eyes and let Jarrod’s image fill my head. A smile graced my face as I thought of his beautiful hazel eyes. ‘Please find me’ I thought.

Hearing the door I opened my eyes. I internally groaned as I saw Kathy walk in. However, it was the next person that really caught my attention. Standing there looking very smug was none other than Mitch.

“You have got to be kidding me.” The words left my mouth before I could even think to stop myself. “I thought you and Jarrod were friends.”

“Pack members aren’t always friends,” Mitch replied simply. “Besides you got in my way.”

“Your way?” I questioned. A flash of Emma entered my mind and I understood. “If Emma had figured out you weren’t human she’d have freaked.”

“She wouldn’t be the first. If it happens we kill them,” Kathy said clearly unconcerned.

“You are one cold hearted bitch,” I commented.

“I’m not the one who stole another’s man,” The dark-haired female wolf growled.

“No, you’re the one that cheated on him and then tried to cheat with him,” I said glaring at her. Kathy growled and lunged but I didn’t flinch. It took effort but I held my glare at the angry she-wolf. Maybe I should’ve been far more afraid but something in my gut told me she wouldn’t actually hurt me.

“You’re strong, I’ll give you that,” Mitch commented when I didn’t cower. I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at the seething wolf.

“You’re just a piddly human!” Kathy yelled at me. “You can never please him like I can.”