Building Needs

Now edited by 2MuchReading.

Chapter 8

(Building Needs)

Jarrod’s point of view

It was just after 7 a.m. when I heard laughter in the breakfast room. Not fully awake, it took me a moment to realize it was female laughter I heard. ‘Lydia?’ None of the pack girls ever rose before 9 a.m. in a good mood, but Lydia was the worst of all.

I stepped into the entry way of the kitchen to see Lydia and Mira were laughing almost hysterically. Tina and Betty were also there laughing. But it was the blonde woman with blue eyes standing by a counter that had my attention. Star was smiling; tears in her eyes.

“That explains it,” Star commented.

“Explains what?” I questioned, letting my presence be known.

“Why you were afraid to try my cooking!” She said through laughter. Glancing at the pack girls, she said, “I might better give you a few lessons while I’m here.”

“Please do,” Tye said, looking up from his plate.

“You cooked?” I asked.

“Don’t I always?” Star inquired, giving me a smile. She walked over and picked up a prepared plate and gave it to me. “I saved you a plate.”

“No muffins?” I asked.

She laughed, her blue eyes sparkling. “No, I’ll make some tomorrow.”

“Alright.” Taking my plate, I walked over and sat down at the breakfast bar on an empty stool.

“The house isn’t on fire, so none of you cooked,” Grant commented walking in from the garage door.

“Star cooked,” Lydia announced. “She even offered to teach us.”

“Please do,” the alpha said, clearly approving.

“If you’re hungry, I can make you some breakfast,” Star offered.

“I already ate, but thanks.”

“In that case, why don’t I take you over to your apartment,” Lydia suggested, getting up from her chair.

“Give me a minute and I’ll go with you,” I told her.

“Jarrod, you just got up. I won’t let anything happen to her,” The pale, long-haired wolf assured me.

“I need to get my stuff anyway,” I replied, trying to appear casual about it. It wasn’t that I thought Lydia would let something happen to her, I just didn’t want my girl out of my sight.

“It’s okay, I can grab it for you,” Star said with reassuring blue eyes. “Don’t worry, I think I know what’s yours,” She teased. With a smile on her face, she left the room.

“I give you my word, I’ll protect her,” Lydia said. I looked over at the woman I’d known for several years.

“They tried to grab her. I…”

“Tye will go with them,” Grant announced. I looked at my alpha surprised. It was unusual for an alpha to send one of their body guards to protect someone else. I watched as he looked at the sandy blonde-haired man. “You don’t mind do you?”

“Nah, I’ll go,” He said taking his last bite. Looking at me, he made the comment, “I’m jealous, she’s a hell of a good cook.”

I smiled and nodded. “She took good care of me.”

Light in the DarknessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara