Kyle has my back

Chapter 13

(Kyle has my back)

Jarrod’s point of view

Star wasn’t very happy that I’d told her brother about the incident she’d had in college but Kyle had my back.Star calmed down and let it go, especially after he told her it was what had made him begin to question things where Titan was concerned.

I sat in the family room shaking my head hearing sounds of screaming and giggling coming out of the room in constant waves.I could see chaos surrounding Star and some of the other wolf girl’s attempts at getting taffy out of Lydia’s hair.“How exactly did Lydia end up with taffy in her hair?” I asked. It wasn’t that I actually cared but the fact she had ended up with the taffy in her hair between leaving Max’s and arriving here was a bit odd. I couldn’t help but wonder ‘How the hell did that happen?’ Then again I was a bit annoyed Lydia had Star’s attention instead of me.

I sat in the family room shaking my head as I could see the chaos surrounding Star and some of the wolf girl’s attempt at getting taffy out of Lydia’s hair. The sounds of screaming and giggling came out of the room in constant waves.

“I don’t know but I think Sam is responsible,” Tye replied. “He won’t go anywhere near Lydia and is currently hiding in his room.”

“Is Sam known for getting himself in trouble with the girls?” Kyle asked entering the room and sitting down on the couch across from me.

“No, it’s more he does things sometimes without thinking through the consequences,” I replied.

“No offense but from some of the comments I’ve heard about you it sounds like you two have that in common,” Our latest addition commented. I looked at Kyle and shrugged. He wasn’t exactly wrong.

“Star’s had a good affect on him,” Grant said walking in.

“That sounds about right,” Kyle remarked with a glance toward the bathroom door. Turning his attention toward Grant he said, “I assume you plan to bond them as soon as possible?”

“We’ll do it Sunday.” Hearing his words I crossed my arms less than pleased. “Jarrod you know we can’t do it before then. It just means you need to keep Star close and we need to keep watch over her until then.”

“He’s right Jarrod. Even if Chang hadn’t said anything about your girl you know bonding can only be done during the new moon,” Tye reminded him.

“I never understood that,” Kyle commented. “Why is that?”

“Titan never told you?” Grant asked.

“Titan never explained a lot of things,” Kyle admitted. “He gave orders and we obeyed. Or at least I did after the last time I disobeyed him.”

“Your last time with Star?” I asked. He nodded and I saw the sadness he felt as much as felt it. I might have even felt it even more. “That time is over Kyle. She forgives you and that’s all that matters.” I watched as he looked up at me; hope in his eyes. “You’re here and if you didn’t notice at Max’s the pack is rather protective of your sister.”

“Yeah, I noticed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pack react so fast to protect someone that wasn’t quite a member yet,” He said openly pleased but also in awe. Shaking his head he said, “Titan will be looking to get even. He’ll hurt her if he can. Between him and Chang….damn, she isn’t in a good position.”

“Of course I am.” We looked up to see Star standing there looking at us with a smile on her face. “I have Jarrod, this wonderful pack, and you back. What more could I possibly want?”