Concerns over Patricia

Chapter 15

(Concerns over Patricia)

Star’s point of view

I was getting more than a little bored as I sat in the truck waiting on Bobby and Kyle. They’d run into Lowe’s for a minute to get something for some electric thing at the pack house. I’d said I’d wait in the truck thinking it would be a five to ten minute wait. I don’t know anything about hardware and Lowe’s was not exactly my favorite store. Still enough was enough.

Giving an annoyed huff I grabbed the keys out of the ignition and climbed out of Bobby’s truck. I flipped the keyless entry lock button and slipping the keys into my pocket, I went in search of the two missing wolves.

I entered the store and as I approached the lighting area I realized I had no clue where to look or where they could be. ‘I should’ve paid better attention,’ I chastised myself. Fiddling with what was in my pockets I touched my phone. ‘I’m such an idiot!’ I told myself and pulled the phone out of my pocket. I flipped it on and scrolling through my contacts came up to Bobby’s number and dialed. Why go searching through the store when I could just ask him where they were.

The phone rang six times before going to voice mail. ‘That’s odd,’ I thought to myself. ‘Maybe he was getting something.’ I tried the number and once more and waited. When Bobby still didn’t answer a surge of panic raced threw me. Something was wrong.

I hung up and quickly went to the least populated area of the store. I knew Bobby would head for an area with the least amount of people if danger was around. He’d want as few people involved as possible. I headed for the lumber area. At this time there would be fewer people there. I was part of the way there and stopped. It was cold out; they’d head for outdoor garden. Quickly switching directions I headed to find my brother and Grant’s enforcer.

I headed out the back door into gardening without hesitation. I scanned the area and seeing a few shadows down the aisle coming from behind the pool area I quietly made my way over to who was there.

“Kyle is mine!” I heard a woman sneer. I was guessing it was directed at Bobby.

“Actually he’s my brother; so he’s mine,” I said and stepped around to enter the last aisle. A tall woman with long blonde hair and brown eyes stood across from Bobby and Kyle. She wasn’t skinny but wasn’t fat either. She was average weight but not fit like Grant’s female wolves. There was a man on either side of her; neither of which I recognized. “Let me guess, Patricia.”

The blonde woman smiled pleased. “Can’t help but talk about me can you?” She said giving Kyle a seductive look before winking at him.

“Actually more like warning us about the psycho bitch that wants him,” Bobby said flatly. It took effort for me not to laugh when she glared at him.

“Amused are you?” Patricia said as she suddenly narrowed her eyes and looked my way.

“Actually yeah I am. What do you want? You can’t have Kyle. He’s back where he belongs,” I said slipping my arm through his as I gave him a warm smile.

“I can hurt you human!” she sneered.

“Yeah, but I can hurt you too,” I replied and opened my jacket to reveal the outline of a hidden gun. “Silver anyone?” I challenged.

“This is far from over!” Patricia sneered. She stepped forward but so did I.

“Let’s go,” a dark haired man with her said; pulling her back at the sound of others approaching. He glared at me and Kyle and then walked away.