More Injuries

Chapter 4

(More Injuries)

Star’s point of view

“He’s worse than I….oh shit!” I said seeing something flash by his shoulder. I had no choice. Taking out a pair of scissors I cut off his shirt. I’d buy him a new one. Once I had the shirt completely removed I saw even more silver. Someone hadn’t just beat him up they’d tried to kill Jarrod.

Pieces of Silver were embedded in both shoulders. I knew his arms would heal but he’d die if I didn’t get the silver out. His cheek might have healed slightly but even that had stopped. The silver was entering his system. “I have to get the silver out,” I said as realization hit me.

“Sorry Jarrod,” I told the unconscious man. I got up and went and grabbed a garbage bag, tweezers, and a pair of gloves. I also grabbed my Camera and took pictures of his back so he could see what had been done to him.

Carefully I began to remove the embedded silver from his back. The big pieces were easy. It was the small and tiny pieces that took a lot of work. It took almost three hours before I finally got all the silver out. I used peroxide to boil out little slivers of silver. A tiny sliver wouldn’t kill him but it could prolong healing and leave scars. Finished I cleaned his back off and then made an herbal remedy I had learned about once. I covered his back in the wet herbs and placed a thin wet cloth over his back covering the herbs to promote healing.

An hour later I washed off his back. I smiled seeing his back had already begun to heal. Rolling him back on his back I tended to the injuries on his front half. Once again I used the herbs to help with his healing. An hour later I was done and completely exhausted. I left him the Polaroid and a quick note before walking out of the room. I was tired and needed rest; the couch would do.

**

Jarrod’s point of view

My head and mouth hurt as my eyes blinked a few times before I opened them completely. As my eyes focused I knew I didn’t know where the hell I was at. I did however remember getting hit and the beginning of what happened to me.

I admit I was surprised to find that I wasn’t tied up or in a cage; although my arms were tied to something. I tried to move them but couldn’t. Looking at my arms however I knew I wasn’t restrained. Someone had splinted both my arms.

I went to move my jaw and grunted. It was in fact broken; the memory of not being able to yell came back to me. ‘Shit!’ I thought to myself. I have no idea where I am and no way of asking to find out.

I huffed and looked around the room. Maybe I could find a clue as to where I was. There were pink curtains against the window. ‘A girl’s room.’ I summarized. I continued to look around. I internally smirked seeing a Pink and yellow surf board in the front right corner of the room. ‘She likes to surf. Or at least she likes to try.’ I had no idea of knowing if the girl was any good. I didn’t even know who it was.

I was somewhat surprised when I realized I was in a clean girl’s room. I knew for a fact the pack girls rooms were usually a mess. A couple weren’t real bad; this room was immaculate. I tried to get up and accidentally knocked a stack of books off.

Immediately I heard footsteps come rushing my way. ‘Guess I’ll find out who has me now.’ The closed door flung open and I was dumbfounded. Standing in the doorway with concern on her face was Star; the woman that had helped me out with Kathy.

**

Star’s point of view

I woke hearing a thud. “Jarrod!” I said alarmed. Quickly I jumped up and made my way to my room. I opened the door and was relieved to see only books on the floor and not Jarrod.