A Ceremony to Remember

Chapter 17

(A Ceremony to Remember)

Chang’s point of view

I threw my phone across the room. It hit the wall shattering into several pieces. Anger surged through every part of my being. I wanted nothing more than to kill Jarrod.

“Is there a problem?” I looked to my left to see my father standing just inside the door. I didn’t answer. An amused smile crossed his face. “The wolf won’t let her come will he?”

I shook my head confirming his suspicions. “No,” I said in a low angry voice before looking down at the black desk before me.

“Are you truly so surprised?” He asked calmly as he made his way toward me. I knew he was approaching because of the way his voice became clearer the closer he got. “She is a beautiful girl and he means to keep her.”

“She’s mine!” I said angrily as I looked up at him. “I saw her long before Jarrod ever did!” Watching him raise an eyebrow I realized I’d said what I was thinking.

“Then how is it young Star is on his arm and not yours?” He asked. I looked away. “I expect an answer boy,” He said warningly.

“I hadn’t made contact with her yet; just watched her from a distance,” I admitted. I looked back and into my father’s unusual eyes. “I was going to when we received word from Kathy about Jarrod.”

“So you went after him instead of making contact.” My father stated.With a sigh I nodded. “How is it she came to be in Jarrod’s…” He questioned.

“Of all the roads she could decide to drive on that night she chose the one that ran along the beach we’d left Jarrod for dead on,” I replied disappointed. “I knew she went to that beach but it was late! She doesn’t surf late! Usually she surfs in the morning but not….” I slammed my hand down on the desk in anger.

“I’ve never seen any woman have such an effect on you.” I didn’t respond. “Are you sure you want her still? The stench of our enemies is on her. She spends time in his bed.”

My body tensed with anger at my father’s words. I hated knowing Jarrod was bedding the woman I wanted. Star belonged with me, not that poor excuse for a wolf! I’d never seen Star naked but I’d seen her in a bikini several times; she usually wore one under her wet suit. From what I’d seen, I knew she had an amazing body. I hated Jarrod was enjoying it rather than me.

“You do.”My father said.

“I want her,” I said calmly.“I want Jarrod dead and I want Star in my bed as it should’ve been in the first place!” I said becoming angry and shoving everything off my desk and onto the floor.

“Calm yourself, they aren’t bonded yet.” I looked up at my father. “The bonding will be during the new moon tomorrow.” My interest grew as I watched him and listened to his calm reasoning. “We know the ceremony will take place at the beach because it is the most important moment of their relationship.” I nodded. The fact she’d saved him there made it only fitting for the place of their bonding.

“It’s open and there is no protection. You can still kill Jarrod where you wanted him to die and collect young Star,” My father said knowingly.

“I don’t know how to make her accept me right after I kill her wolf,” I told him. Star seemed like a forgiving person, but even I didn’t expect her to be fine with me after I killed Jarrod.

My father shrugged. “Once you have her take her to Shlisselburg Fortress. There you can work on taming the girl and bringing her under your rule. She cannot escape you there.” I listened as my father continued. She would be alone and afraid and would be more likely to turn my way and her resistance to me would be lowered.