Lucky to be Found

Chapter Three

(Lucky to be Found)

1 month later….

Star’s point of view

‘Its official Emma will never be on time a day in her life,” I thought to myself. I leaned my head back against my seat as I sat in my red 4 door, soft top, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. The girl couldn’t even get off work on time; I don’t know why I thought she’d be on time for me to take her to the airport! With a sigh I continued to wait.

Almost ten minutes past before she finally came out to my waiting car. I don’t know what took her so long; her bags were already in my car.

“We’re running late!” Emma said glancing at her watch and suddenly looking panicked.

“You’re running late not me,” I corrected.

“Just drive fast,” The dark haired girl told me.

“I’m not getting a ticket because you wouldn’t get moving,” I said annoyed. Starting the engine I pulled the jeep out of the parking lot and headed for the airport. ‘It’s a good thing she’ll be gone for the next few weeks; I might strangle her,’ I thought to myself.

Emma had made me late five times in a week, Broken my favorite case, and neglected to give me my messages. Yes I was a bit upset with her. Her trip to Europe would be as much a vacation for me as it was for her.

**

Jarrod’s point of view

“Jarrod,” Grant called. I watched as my Alpha approached me. “You might want to take off; Kathy and Tom are coming over.”

“How long will they be here?” I asked.

“Not more than a couple hours.”

I nodded and walked away without another word. I grabbed me helmet and riding gloves and headed outside to my Kawasaki ZX-12R Ninja, motorcycle. It was time to make myself scarce. Putting my helmet and gloves on I mounted my bike and started the engine. I didn’t even glance back at the house and drove away.

There wasn’t a lot of traffic on the road and I headed for my favorite relaxing drive. I headed for Hwy 101. The day had been full of stupid people and I needed to relax. I might not be an enforcer per say but Grant didn’t hesitate to use me as muscle; he’d used me today. The reason I wasn’t an enforcer was I don’t have the temperament for it. I strike too quickly. Hell I had to live at the pack house because of my temper.

It wasn’t always this way. There was a time I was easy to get along with but those days are long gone.Too many people have betrayed me. There are few people I trust any more. The few I do are wolves, none are human; none are even women. The very idea of trusting a female made me laugh.

I reached highway 101 and couldn’t keep the smile off my face. This was the only place I felt free. Riding my bike I was on my own. As I drove along I found there was no one else around. “Perfect,” I told myself. I came to a stop and revved up my bike. With a big smile I hit the gas ant took off as fast as I could.

My Ninja screamed down the highway as I hit 130mph. I love speed; the faster the better. My speed was so fast I began skipping small area on the highway when going through hills. I loved it! It felt as good as beating the hell out of someone.

My adrenaline was pumping from the speed but I felt the most relaxed I had in weeks. Everything was as it should be.

There was no time to react as I was suddenly hit by something hard. I was flung backward off my bike. My body hit the ground and rolled several times. I felt and heard more than one snap before my body came to rest. The force was so bad it split my helmet. I was face down in dirt and weeds and everything hurt.