Be my Mate

Chapter 11

(Be my Mate)

Jarrod’s point of view.

I couldn’t help but smile as I watched Star sleep. A feeling of complete peace flowed through me. The beautiful blonde woman sleeping next to me was everything I needed. For the first time in years I felt content. It wasn’t just the fact I’d gotten laid. I’d had sex many times but it had never been like this.

Making love to Star was different. Maybe it’s because I was making love to her and not simply fucking another girl. Unlike before, I found myself wanting to please her. The more she moaned or said my name the more I wanted to pleasure her. No one had ever sounded like Star when they called my name out during sex. Then again I’d never given anyone the attention I gave my light in the darkness either.

Looking at her it hit me. ‘You are my light in the darkness.’ My life was dangerous and dark. Yet somehow Star had ended up in my life. Maybe there really was an angel looking out for me the night she saved me. I didn’t know why she’d been sent to me but I knew I would always cherish her. Cherish her and keep her.

Carefully I slipped out of bed trying not to disturb her. Grant had said he didn’t care if I dated a human but I wanted Star for more than just a girlfriend. I quickly threw my clothes on and quietly left the room; leaving her to sleep.

I walked down the hall and headed down the stairs. I heard voices long before I actually saw anyone.

“Jarrod,” Bobby said seeing me. He glanced behind me before saying, in a teasing manner, “Did you wear her out?”

“Better question might be will she ever walk again?” Will remarked.

“I’m only going to say this once. Star isn’t a tramp or a play thing. Talk about her like she is again and I will cause you severe bodily injury,” I growled. More than one pair of eyes got wide but I paid them no attention.

I looked at Tye who was sitting on the bar stool next to the bar. “Where’s Grant?”

“He and Max are downstairs.” I heard him say something else but paid it no attention as I headed for the basement. All I cared about was finding Grant.

I heard a few grunts but paid them no attention. Entering the basement walking toward the prisoner area I found Grant and Max along with a very beaten Mitch. Dale was also there along with a few other wolves. It was clear they’d been beating him.

“He’s not bloody enough,” I commented.

“Jarrod?” Sam said surprised to see me. “I didn’t expect to see you any time soon. Where’s Star?”

“Sleeping,” I told him. Looking at my alpha I said, “I need a word with you.”

“I have a feeling I know what this is about,” Grant commented. “Would I be wrong in assuming you want her permanently?”

“You said…”

“Does she know?” My alpha asked.

“No,” I admitted. “I wanted to talk to you first,” I added looking down at the concrete ground. I don’t know why but I suddenly felt uncomfortable.

“Afraid I’ll say no or that she will?” Grant asked.

“I just took her virginity. I’m not real worried she’ll say no,” I told him before I thought.

“No she…” Sam started.

“Star didn’t think she was a virgin, but trust me she was,” I assured them. My eyes moved to Grant. “I want Star as…”