Changes Begin

Chapter 10

(Changes begin)

It was sunset as King Soren arrived on the outside of the Labyrinth with his son Moryn and his guards. The dark king couldn’t help but feel impatient. He wanted information on his daughter and didn’t want to wait.

“My apologies if I kept you,” The Goblin King said appearing before the group. He could tell the dark king was trying to hide his impatience. “I returned later than expected.” He waived his hand and several chairs appeared. “I ended up spending more time with your daughter than I had expected. I assume you don’t mind,” He said and sat down.

“That might depend on the manner in which you were with my sister,” Moryn said with narrowed eyes.

“We were outside with her guards watching my every move,” King Aidan assured the dark prince. “But in the future I suggest you watch your tongue,” He warned. He was pleased by the dark prince’s need to protect his new sister but Aidan would not be put under a prince no matter who his father was.

“Might I inquire as to the topic of discussion?” The Dark King asked taking a seat.

“You,” The Goblin King replied. He watched as the others took their seats. “I was actually with her to calm her down.” Seeing the other king look slightly concerned He said, “Callista got very upset by everyone attacking your character at breakfast this morning. It got so bad she actually stormed out of the room.”

“Do we even want to know what they said?” Ramsey asked.

King Aidan waived his hand and a table and drinks were supplied. “Probably not but I assume part of the reason you are here is to know what Callista thinks.”

“How did you get her to talk to you?” Moryn asked more careful but clearly wanting to know.

King Aidan smirked. “It wasn’t hard. She wanted to talk to me before she even reached the ball.”

“Why is that?” Soren asked.

“Apparently a favorite story of hers is about me. She wanted to know if anything in the story was true,” He replied simply. “It took me almost all night to get a dance with her,” He said looking at the dark king. “She spent almost all night on the dance floor.”

“I can’t say I’m all that surprised,” King Soren commented. “She is after all a beautiful girl.”

“Yes but there is a lot more to her,” The Goblin King warned.

“May I inquire as why we are meeting here?” Tae questioned glancing around.

“Because if you enter my Labyrinth I’ll never get Callista here,” King Aidan said. Seeing the groups expressions he said, “Callista wants to come and see the Labyrinth. There is no way they are going to let her if they sense your presence. Once she is here it would be possible for you to make an …unscheduled appearance.”