The Dragon Kingdom

Chapter 18

(The Dragon Kingdom)

Callista could hardly control her excitement as the carriage approached the castle of the dragon Kingdom. She stared out the window and looked at a few dragons that were in the air. She was so excited she had a hard time night shrieking in delight at the sight of the dragons.

“You really are different than most girls,” Vardan commented.

“You’re just now figuring that out?” The teenage girl quipped. Vardan scowled while her two other brothers openly smirked. Seeing the scowl Callista let out a giggle.

“Yes, having you around is proving to be interesting,” Owen commented. He had to fight the urge to smirk a second time as his sister smiled at him proudly.

“Thank the gods!” Vardan said as the carriage came to a halt. The door opened and Callista had to fight the urge to laugh as she watched her brother practically leap out of the carriage. Once Owen and Moryn excited the Carriage Callista emerged.

“Thank you,” The teenage girl said thankful for the help of her oldest brother.

“Welcome!” Callista looked to see Princess Amara descending the steps of the palace toward them.

“Amara,” Callista said openly pleased. Amara through protocol out the window as she walked over and hugged the dark elf princess.

“It’s so good to see you Callista,” The dragon princess announced. “Come our fathers are speaking in my father’s study.”

“So when do I get to meet a dragon?” Callista asked as they entered the castle. Amara giggled before she could stop herself. The dark elf princes rolled their eyes in almost unison.

“Why do I think you’re excitement to see a dragon has caused you to annoy your brother’s the whole way here?” The dragon princess commented.

“Not the whole way,” Callista insisted. Amara nodded pleased. “Just three quarters of the way,” She added a moment later.

“Why do I have the feeling having you here could prove interesting?” The dragon princess remarked. Hearing a smirk followed by a cough to cover it she glanced back at one of her friend’s fae guards. Greer quickly looked away. “Uh huh,” Amara said.

“I wouldn’t want to be a boring guest,” The blonde haired girl said without apology.

Any other comments died as they reached two very large oak doors. Amara knocked. A moment later the doors opened and the dragon princess lead the group into her father’s very large office. Immediately the group bowed to the two kings.

“Good you’ve arrived,” Soren said pleased.

“If there is no objection I would like to take Callista to see the dragons while you gentlemen speak,” The dragon princess announced.

“Please,” Vardan commented before he could stop himself. Realizing he smacked a hand over his mouth making it even more apparent he’d spoken.

Soren looked at his youngest son and then at Callista with a raised eyebrow. “I have no objection,” He told her.

“Go ahead daughter,” King Pazel announced. “You would only be bored here.”

“Thank you,” The two girls chimed. They both curtsied and practically sprinted out of the room.

Soren looked at his three sons. “I take it the ride was…. Long?”

“We only thought she’d fall out the window a couple times,” Owen commented. Seeing all eyes on him he added, “Little excited to see your kingdom.”