Alana returns

Chapter 41

(Alana returns)

Callista approached the school campus with her father on her left and Amara on her right. A grin was still on her face at how annoyed Cavin was at having to be so informal in public with her. She’d gotten to scold him less than 30 seconds after arriving in the mortal realm.

You could at least pretend you aren’t enjoying this so much. Cavin told her.

Not a chance! She retorted. The girl giggled hearing him sigh. More than one person looked at her but the blonde woman pretended not to notice.

“Here we go,” Callista warned in a soft voice as they reached the campus and she noticed a group of guys standing near the gym.

‘Not a princess,’ she told herself. Casually she took her basket ball and began to bounce it the way she normally did when heading for the gym.

“Ahhh here she comes!” A teenage boy named Darnel commented seeing her approach.

“It’s in the bag!” Nate said and the two smacked hands. “You going to show off a bit?” The dark skinned teenager asked.

Callista stopped and letting the ball suddenly spin on her finger she replied, “Maybe.” The guys simply laughed and she smiled. “Love to chat but…I got a championship to win.” Without another word she led her group past them and into the gym.

Moryn noticed the two teenage boys leer at his sister and had to fight the urge to strike out. He almost jumped feeling someone touch his arm. The dark haired dark elf looked over to see Amara not at him while giving him a reassuring smile.

Callista entered the gym and then said, “That’s our side. Later.” The group watched as she walked out onto the court. “What? No music?” She asked with her right hand holding her ball S

“CALLISTA!!!!” The Girl’s Basketball Team screamed before suddenly tearing off towards her.

‘This is gonna hurt,’ the teenager thought as her teammates got closer and showed no signs of hitting the brakes. ‘This might hurt a lot.’ A few seconds later Callista was on the ground having been literally tackled by her teammates.

Are you alright? She heard her captain ask.

Just Dandy. The princess almost glared hearing her captain chuckle in her head.

“Where the hell have you been?!” Jenna demanded once they finally let her up.

“I met my father.”

“You’re father?!” Lola said shocked.

Callista nodded. “Yeah it’s been…interesting. We can talk about it later. Right now it’s time to win another championship.”