The Goblin Kingdom

Chapter 31

(The Goblin Kingdom)

Callista raced around getting the last few items she wanted to bring with her to the Goblin kingdom. She couldn’t wait to see the Labyrinth again.

“Do you think his majesty would be very disappointed to know she was more excited to see the Labyrinth than him?” Will commented watching the princess race around.

“I think he knows. He might choose to ignore it but he knows,” Braiden replied.

“Ready!” Callista chirped and looked at her guards beaming.

“You might want to at least pretend you’re excited to see the Labyrinth’s King as well,” Cavin suggested.

“Are you kidding? I’m hoping he’ll agree to help me some more with my fencing!” Callista said and crossed her fingers.

“Time to go,” Owen said entering the room. Callista smiled at the brother that would act as her chaperone.  She’d giggled hysterically when it had first been mentioned she’d have a chaperone. But she was glad it was Owen. Of all her brothers he was the most accepting of her. “Shall we?” Callista nodded and with a wave of her father’s hand the group was gone.

“Welcome princess, Prince Owen,” King Aidan said as the group appeared before the steps of Goblin castle.

“Thank you your majesty,” Callista said curtsying to the king. Owen bowed.

The Goblin King waived his hand and all of their belongings were instantly transported to their rooms. Aidan walked down the steps and then offered his hand to Callista. “My lady.” Callista smiled accepting the offered hand. Turning he began escorting the group of the stairs placing her hand through his arm.

They entered the castle and he began leading them through the halls of the castle. Looking over at her he said, “I know transporting is still very new to you. Do you need to rest?”

She shook her head no. “I didn’t come all this way to take a nap,” She assured him.

The Goblin King couldn’t help but smile. Even if her excitement hadn’t been in her voice it was radiating off her. Silently he wondered if her excitement was just for his Labyrinth or if some of it was also for him. Deciding to test her reaction he said, “I thought perhaps tomorrow I could take you into the Labyrinth.” There was plenty of time for his betrothed to see the Labyrinth, that day, but wanted to see how disappointed she’d be.

“That would be wonderful,” She said smiling at him and looking around at her new surroundings.

Aidan couldn’t have been more pleased. Callista didn’t seem let down at all. He stopped and turned toward the guards and Owen. Speaking first to Cavin the King said, “I thought perhaps Chale could go over security with you while I show Callista around the castle and grounds.” Looking at Owen he said, “You are welcome to join us. I know you have been here before and if I remember correctly you are not one for gardens. Still you are her chaperone so...”

Owen openly laughed. “I’m here to appease any gossip and my father. I have no intention of being with you two every minute. You’re right I don’t much care for gardens. If you have no objection I wouldn’t mind seeing your training facility again.”

“Hunter can show you.” Owen nodded and the two men walked away.

“Actually I would like to speak with Chale,” Cavin admitted. “It won’t be long before we are in permanent residence here.” With that both Cavin and Chale left.