Un Natural

Chapter 35

(Un- Natural)

Aidan rose from his seat and went to the windows. Large clouds of black and purple seemed to be materializing over the Labyrinth.

“Aidan.”

The King turned and was shocked to see his mother had come. “Mother? You said…”

“Never mind that. You have to stop the challenge!”

Aidan took on a firm appearance; he knew his mother had not wanted Callista to take the challenge. “It’s too late mother. Callista is already inside.”

“I suggest you take a look outside!” The former queen said clearly concerned. “Someone is tampering with the Labyrinth.”

The Dark haired King quickly walked to the glass doors and walked out onto a large Terrace. Magic was in the air and dark purple almost black clouds were surrounding the castle stretching over the Labyrinth. A green aura could be seen just below the clouds.

“Dark magic,” Lady Marissa whispered; knowing the sight and sense of dark magic. The redhead looked at Amara and didn’t even try to hide her fear for their friends.

“Aidan…”

“I…” The King never got to finish his sentence as lightening strikes began to hit inside the Labyrinth sporadically.

“As I feared. Someone means to ensure she fails,” The former queen said; her Hazel eyes full of fear and concern.

“Fail nothing a spell like this is used when you want to kill someone!” Vardan said angrily. “You have to get her out of there!”

Hearing a scream they looked back at the mirror to see Callista jump and a tree fall. The mirror went black.

“Callista!” Aidan yelled. Instantly he tried to reconnect the mirror but couldn’t. “No!” Aidan became angry as his ability to view the girl was taken from him. He closed his eyes to focus on the Labyrinth. Nothing happened.

“The spell is preventing you from connecting to the labyrinth isn’t it?” Marissa said.

The Goblin King gave a solemn nod. Callista was on her own. On her own and far worse off than she realized.

“So she’ll either win or lose,” Lady Jane said simply.

“You seem to be missing something very important Lady Jane,” Aidan informed her. “I can’t communicate with the Labyrinth. It can’t communicate with me. That means it isn’t win or lose anymore its live or die!” He snapped at her.

“What!?” Amara exclaimed.

“The Labyrinth can’t transport her if she’s about to die. The spell is on the Labyrinth itself. Everything in the Labyrinth is in danger now. Everything from an insect, to a bird, to Callista is in a fight for its life! The Labyrinth is now in danger!” The King informed the room.

“Callista,” Vardan said barely above a whisper as fear gripped him.

**

Callista hit the ground hard and involuntarily rolled a few feet before hitting a fallen tree as she avoided a falling tree.

“What the hell!” Callista said surprised at the strike of lightening and sudden falling of a tree. It had forced her to make a jump which led to her slipping as she landed on a steep dirt incline resulting in her going tumbling and finally into a tree that had fallen previously. “Ouch!”

Thunder ripped through the air and she looked towards the sky. The sky had a weird cast; unlike anything Callista had ever seen or heard of in her life. Something inside her told her something was terribly wrong.