Chapter 5: The Yeti's Story

The team, and Callaghan stared at the yeti. The cave was full of silence. No one moved or spoke. Hiro & the team got into fighting stances, in case the yeti tried to harm them.

The yeti stood up, and then, it growled again. Honey whipped out a chemball, and Wasabi prepared his plasma blades, in case the yeti attacked.

The yeti growled again, then started coughing. The team stared with disturbed expressions as the yeti coughed, and then vomited hard, making the team groan in disgust, Wasabi most of all.

"Sorry." The yeti said, speaking in a human voice. "Hairball. I hate it when that happens." He threw the hairball he'd vomited onto a pile of other hairballs.

The team were surprised. "You... you can talk?!" GoGo said. The yeti grinned, making him seem friendly. "Yes, yes I can."

Hiro had to pinch himself to see if he was dreaming. "Well, um... Hi there. My name is Hiro Hamada, and this is my healthcare robot, Baymax, and these are my friends; Honey Lemon, GoGo, Fred, and Wasabi."

The team stared, then shook hands with the yeti, but Wasabi quickly sprayed his hand with disinfectant spray, before shaking the yeti's hand.

"Umm, you're gonna have to excuse him." Hiro said to the yeti nervously. "He's a bit of a germophobe."

"Listen, Mr yeti." Honey said, "We're trying to find someone; a man from San Fransokyo called Alistair Krei is looking for him. The person's intials are called G.F. Do you know where he is?"

The yeti shook his head. "Nah, sorry. I don't get a lot of company up here, you know."

"Do you at least know where the person that was sent to look for him was?" GoGo said.

The yeti thought. "Well... I did see someone once last night; it was a woman, lying in the snow. I didn't get a good look at that woman, but I saw she was in a white jumpsuit, and wearing a helmet."

Callaghan's eyes widened. "A woman?"

The yeti nodded. "Oh, where are my manners? Let me introduce myself." The yeti sat down on a nearby sofa, and put his feet up on a steel coffee table. "Name's Gregor. Gregor Fiddleford. But you can call me Greg."

At that moment, Robert's eyes widened. "Gregor?"

"Wait..." the yeti said, suddenly. "R-Robbie? I-Is that you?

Robert was surprised too. "Greg? Is that you?"

There was silence for a minute or two. Then...

"It is you!" they both said at the same time. The yeti grabbed Robert and pulled him into a hug. "Whoa!" Robert said, almost tripping as he was pulled into Gregor's huge hug.

Even GoGo was surprised. "You both know each other?" Hiro said.

"Of course!" Robert said happily. "Gregor was my college buddy." "I haven't seen you in ages, Robbie!" Gregor said.

Wasabi's jaw dropped. "Seriously? You're a G.F.?" "Yup." Gregor said. "Those are my initials: G.F." "That... actually explains a lot." Wasabi said.

"Gregor," Hiro asked, "Do you know what a man called Langstrom Krei would want with you?

Gregor's eyes widened. "Langstrom Krei?" He paused. "That's a name I haven't heard in a long time... a long time." He said, the last part sounding unhappy.

"You know Langstrom Krei?" Wasabi said.

"I... think... I remember him." Gregor said quietly. "It's hard to remember what my life was like before I was a yeti."