Chapter 6: Abigail

"Yes. Yes I was." Hiro said suddenly, finding his voice at last.

Abigail smiled. "Glad to hear that... Hiro, was it?" Hiro nodded.

Abigail sat up. "How were you since the incident a month ago?" Hiro asked.

"I was in the hospital for a week." She said. "I soon recovered, and was able to go home. I was sad to find out my dad had been arrested for an attempted destruction of Krei Tech, and there had also been a fire at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology's showcase 2 months ago, that killed one of his students, a boy older than you, and he had the same last name as you; Hamada."

'She's talking about Tadashi.' Hiro thought. "I know." He said.

"I lived alone for a while, and I heard about a group of heroes that defended San Fransokyo from crime, called Big Hero 6." She paused. "I even heard about how they once stopped a battlebot invasion a few days ago."

"You knew about robots?" Wasabi said. Abigail nodded. "Yes. Yes I did. Dad taught me how to create and manage them. I never participated in those illegal robot fights, though. Dad always said they were dangerous." Hiro sighed. "I knew how that felt." He said to her. "I got arrested for betting on a bot fight once, alongside my late brother Tadashi, 2 months ago."

Abigail's eyes widened; upon realizing Tadashi had been the boy that had been killed in the fire at the institute.

By all that, Callaghan was listening from a different room. He was sure his daughter would never forgive him. "She knows that I'm an awful father." He whispered sadly to himself.

"How did you end up here?" GoGo asked.

"Well," Abigail said, "I soon found out that my Dad had escaped prison. I was shocked. But what was even more shocking was that the guards explained on the news that strangely, no damage was done to the prison, so no destructive methods were used for the means of his escape. Then, last night, Alistair Krei came by. He said he wanted to apologize for the accident that put me in danger before, and I forgave him. He said he needed my help with an important operation. I accepted. He asked me to head to a mountain range to look for someone who used to work with my father. He said that all he knew was that the man's initials were G.F. I obliged. And as I was exploring, the ground beneath my feet collapsed, and I landed in the snow just a few feet from a mountain cave. I fell unconscious, and my radio was damaged. I was taken to this cabin to warm up and recover."

"And I was tending to her." A white haired man said. He was wearing a thick white coat, black pants, and snowshoes on his feet. "I am Professor Snowlovitz."

"Are you alright?" Hiro asked.

"I'm still a bit shook up." Abigail said. "But I'll be fine." She took out a damaged radio speaker device. "This got damaged when I fell."

Fred went up to a nearby phone. "I'll call Heath and tell him to bring the chopper around."

"Why are you here?" Wasabi asked Professor Snowlovitz.

"I have been searching for a yeti in this mountain range. I've been searching for at least 2 months. Yetis are incredibly rare to find." The professor said.

"And I still need to find the G.F. person for Mr Alistair Krei." Abigail said.

"Hey guys. What are we talking about?" a voice said.

Everyone looked, and saw Gregor - he had come in through the door.

Prof Snowlovitz was shocked. "I cannot believe it! The yeti is real!" He took a picture. "I'm uploading this to Facebook!" he dashed off to his computer.