Chapter 19: Temple Turmoil

Early the next morning, Hiro & the team, and Callaghan, awoke.

"This may be our last hope to finding the Nightmare Crown." Hiro said to the team. "We must make sure Langstrom Krei does not get the crown. As soon as we recover the crown, we can get it far away from Langstrom Krei."

"You're right, Hiro." Callaghan said. "We've come too far to fail now. If it's the only way for me to make up for my villainous deeds, then, we have to do it."

With that, the team, and Callaghan all did a fist bump.

After breakfast, the team, and Callaghan set the teleporter towards the temple.

They were overlooking a huge temple in a jungle region with a few statues of some familiar characters surrounding it, one of which Fred noticed immediately. "Hey!" he said. "That looks just like Principal Amzy!"

Ignoring the comment, Hiro uncovered the door entrance to the temple. "This is it, guys." he said. "Last chance to back away."

Callaghan stared at the statues. Without Hiro seeing, he went up to the statue that resembled a demigod with a fishhook, and secretly put a small black box on the base. 'Perfect.' he thought. 'Just what Langstrom Krei wanted.'

Then he rejoined Hiro & his friends as they went into the temple.

In the temple, they saw a huge stone grotto.

"I see something up there." Wasabi said, pointing up to a small pillar in the middle of the grotto.

Baymax gave it a scan. "There is some interesting thing up on that pillar."

"How do we get it down?" GoGo asked. "We'll, I could jump up and grab it." Fred said. He super jumped up...

...only to get knocked down by some stone warriors above the pillar.

"I guess jumping to it is outta the question." Hiro said. "So I guess that means Baymax can't fly up and get it?" Callaghan said. "Yes." Hiro nodded.

Honey noticed something carved on the temple wall. "Look!" she said. The team looked at the carvings. "It says, 'To find the treasure without a hitch, you first need to find the pillar's switch'." Hiro said, reading the carvings. "It also says," he added, "'The switch to find is not too much trouble, just reach the chamber of stony rubble."

They saw a nearby door. "Well," GoGo said, "since we don't have any other ideas..." The team went in.

The room was a dark chamber full of molten lava.

Hiro noticed another carving on a wall. He read the carving. "It says, 'The trial of fire: The fire is the path you must now take, reach the door, make no mistake."

"I guess we've got to use the lava to cross." Wasabi said. "How?" GoGo said. "Leave it to me." Honey said. She threw some blue chemballs onto the lava, and they instantly created a solid bridge.

"It won't stay like that forever." she said. "Quick!" the team, and Callaghan ran on the solid bridge. Callaghan was out of breath when they reached the door. "Hiro," he panted, I haven't ran like that since I was in the fitness lessons at college."

Upon entering the door, they saw a huge grey chamber that had a huge bottomless pit.

Callaghan saw the sign. "It says here," he said, "'The trial of air: The door over there is where you must go, Be careful of the forceful winds that blow.'"

"That door," Hiro said, managing to see a door in the wall on the far side of the chamber, "is Over there."

With that, everyone got onto Baymax, and he flew, as fast as he could through the wind.

It wasn't easy, but they made it. They got through the door to safety.

They saw themselves in another room - this one with a pool full of water.

This time, Fred saw the sign. "It says here," he said, "'The trial of water: Under the water is what you need, to find the crown and to succeed.'"

"How do we get under the water?" GoGo said. "I don't see any way to reach it," Fred said, "just this chain." With that he started pulling it. "Please." GoGo said sarcastically, "If that plan even works then I'll..."

GoGo was interrupted when a plug, which was attached to the chain Fred found, came out. "Not finish the end of that sentence."

Hiro saw a lever at the bottom of the empty pool. He gingerly went down, and pulled it.

SUDDENLY!

A nearby door opened, revealing an ornate chest. With a bit of lock picking, Callaghan opened it, and when he and the team looked inside, they saw that inside it was...

"A rock?" the team said, shocked.

Hiro suddenly noticed that there was also a piece of paper in the chest. He drew it out, and read what it said. "This rock will help you find the Nightmare Crown, put it in the grotto, and bring the crown down."

"ok." Hiro said, "But how do we get back to the grotto?"

Suddenly, a door behind the chest opened, the team entered it, and found it led all the way back to the grotto. Hiro placed the rock he found earlier in the pillar.

SUDDENLY!

The pillar moved down, and then, the team gasped. On the pillar, was...

...The Crown of Nightmares!

"This is it!" Hiro said. "The Crown of Nightmares." "I knew we'd find it!" Fred said. "Yes."Honey said. "Now, we've got to get it away from Langstrom Krei."

SUDDENLY!

The temple roof started to crumble.

"This is bad."Hiro said. "RUN!" With that, the team raced down the chamber and escaped the temple, just as the roof crumbled behind them.

"You know, we could have just flown out the temple on Baymax." GoGo said.

"Oh yeah." Hiro said.

"We should get back to San Fransokyo." Wasabi said. "Quick!" The team didn't get far when they suddenly stopped.

"Oh no." Baymax said.

There, in front of them, was Langstorm Krei!