Chapter 9: Super Tiger 2.0

Super Tiger 2.0 roared loudly at the team.

"It won't be long till you & your friends join your brother in the grave!" One of Yama's thugs said.

Wasabi stepped up, wielding his plasma cutter blades. "You can do this, Wasabi." He said to himself. "You took this guy before, and you can do it again."

The rest of the team prepared to attack as well.

"GET HIM!" The 2 thugs yelled.

Super Tiger 2.0 roared, then charged towards Wasabi.

Wasabi leapt over the robotic tiger and swung his blade arms, cutting off one of the tails.

"Heads up!" called Honey, as she threw Chemballs at the robot, temporarily sticking it to the ground.

GoGo whizzed around and used her wheel discs to cut off another tail. Fred used his super jump to avoid it, then Hiro used his punch and magnet attacks to break off another tail.

Suddenly, Super Tiger 2.0 used his 2 remaining tails to grab Hiro and throw him against a wall, but Callaghan used his microbots to grab Hiro before he hit the wall.

The team gasped. "Callaghan?" Hiro said. "Why did you... save me?" Callaghan stared at Hiro. "Someone has to help." He said. It was then he saw a manhole nearby Yama's thugs. "Hiro, get down that manhole, We'll hold off this robot." He said.

"OK." Hiro said. Without a second thought, he jumped into the manhole.

Callaghan and the rest of the team set to fighting Super Tiger 2.0.

Fred whipped his suit's tail onto the tiger's body, scratching it's paintwork.

The thugs were not impressed. "How dare you!" one of them shouted. "It took us weeks to paint it up like that!" The 2 thugs whipped out a gun that looked like a miniature radio tower, made with the sonic amplification technology that they stole from Antonio and Sharon's lab.

"Eat sonic blast, monster boy!" they both said. They activated the gun, and the sonic blast sent Fred flying backwards. He slammed into a wall, just missing Callaghan.

"That must have been the sonic amplification technology Antonio & Sharon were on about." GoGo said.

Wasabi leapt over Super Tiger 2.0 and cut off another tail.

Baymax used his rocket fist on Super Tiger, knocking it down. Callaghan used his microbots and held Super Tiger 2.0 still long enough for Wasabi to cut the last tail off. "Got it!" Wasabi said as he did that. "Now, Fred! Unleash your fire!" he shouted.

Fred didn't need to be told twice. He breathed fire onto the robot's body, causing it to overheat.

Super Tiger 2.0 roared, and stampeded toward the team, with steam leaking from the body. "I hope your plan works, Wasabi!" Honey said. Super Tiger 2.0's body rattled, shook, and then exploded with a loud bang; a bang so loud, you could hear it all the way from Miles Callisto's spaceship, the Stellosphere.

"Argh!" screamed the first thug. "Our robot!" He and the other thug tried to escape, but Callaghan used his microbots to grab them. "Where do you think you're going?" he said.

Meanwhile, By this time, Hiro had headed down the manhole to investigate the strange banging noises. He stopped dead when he saw a cave full of bright white crystals, all shaped like crystal balls you see in fortune teller booths at funfairs.

And there was one of Yama's thugs, banging on the crystals with a pickaxe.

"Excuse me." Hiro said, getting the thug's attention. "Whatcha doin'?"

In Danville, Isabella was reading the newspaper, when she suddenly looked around, sensing someone had used her catchphrase.

"Umm," the thug said. "We're mining crystalix gems for Langstr-" There was silence. "None of your business!"

"OK." Hiro said. With that, he punched the thug hard, knocking him out. "Tadashi taught me that." He said.

He climbed out the hole, with the unconscious thug over his shoulder. "So what did I miss?" he asked his teammates.

"Explain yourselves!" GoGo said to the thugs. "Why have you been mining under the city? And why did you need Antonio & Sharon's sonic amplification technology?"

"And what is this 'crystalix' mineral you're on about?" Hiro asked.

"We don't know what you're on about, ya freaks!" the first thug said angrily.

"Yeah!" the second thug said angrily. "We're just... working a radio company!"

"Sure you are." Callaghan said sarcastically.

"What do we do now, boss?" the third thug asked the first. The first thug thought for a minute or two, then said, "Run." Then he ran off, the other 2 thugs following closely behind.

"Hey!" GoGo shouted. She raced after them, but Hiro stopped her.

"Why didn't they know about the mining operation they were doing?" Wasabi asked. "Maybe they were just busy, and forgot." Fred said.

"Or maybe..." Hiro paused impressively. "They already found what they needed..."

Callaghan picked up the sonic amplification gun. "We'd better take this stuff back to the lab. Maybe the six-toed scientist and his wife will tell us what they know."

With that, Big Hero 6, and Callaghan headed back to Antonio & Sharon's lab. Unbeknownst to them, Langstrom Krei was watching them leave.

"Perfect." He said evilly. "My evil puppet is leading Big Hero 6 in what will soon be their execution! And then, the town of San Fransokyo will be mine!" He laughed evilly, but it was then he saw a little boy on a tricycle. "What are you looking at?"

"I dunno, something amazing, I guess." The boy said.

'What a weirdo.' Langstrom said as he walked off.