Chapter One *REWRITTEN*

I wasn't exactly planning on reading CreepyPastas all night. This was the sort of thing that would happen to me sometimes. I would think of reading one because my friends and I brought it up in a stupid conversation, and then I would go home and read one. Of course, one turns into two, and then three, and then many.

I should stop, I thought to myself after finishing a story of a creepy abandoned Disney park. I laughed at the voice in my head and turned off my phone, placing it on the nightstand next to me.

At this rate, I would probably have a few nightmares due to my idiocy. Even though Kylee told me everyday when I came into school, looking very tired, that I need to stop staying up late reading these stupid stories because I knew they gave me nightmares. I never listened though. I enjoyed these stories. They gave me a sense of excitement, especially when trying to confirm to myself that they were real, even though they were not.

I looked at the alarm clock next to me. 3:45 AM was what it read. And at that point I knew I had to sleep, even when it would only be about an hour and a half.

I closed my eyes and rolled over, about to doze off. Until, I hear some sort of bang from downstairs.

The hell? I thought to myself. I knew it couldn't be my mother, because she slept until she knew she had to get up. And she definitely wouldn't wake up for a noise downstairs.

I debated if I wanted to walk downstairs and look, even when it was most likely nothing. I chose to anyway.

I grabbed my phone and turned the flashlight on it on. I walked out of room and to the stairs across from my mom's room, and quietly walked down them. The noise sounded like it came from the kitchen, so that's when I looked first. I shined my light around it, seeing a plastic cup lying on the floor next to the small table.

I picked it up and looked at it. "And how did you get here?" I asked the inhuman object. I chuckled and placed it in the sink.

I looked up and saw that the window above the sink was opened. "Oh, well I guess you didn't move on your own. The window probably just knocked you over." I confirmed.

Once the window was closed and nicely locked, I turned and made my way back upstairs. It was probably 4 o'clock now and I really needed to sleep, unless I wanted Kylee to disown me.

When I came to my door, I saw that was ajar. Which was odd because it was wide open when I left.

Questioningly, I opened it slowly. I gazed in and saw I figure standing there, facing the window.

I was dark so I could barely make out the figure. I could see they were tall, about 5'11" compared to my 5'2" figure. Their hair reached the nape of their neck. Wearing dark skinny jeans and a white-ish, gray sweatshirt... With red stains covering it.

"I know you're standing there, so might as well come in." the figure stated, their voice was deep, but comforting at the same time.

They turned around to face me. The first thing I noticed was the smile cut into the face of the man standing across the room.

It's the man from the stories! I confirmed in my thoughts.

"Please don't hurt me." I said as my eyes began to tear up.

He came closer to me, holding up the knife in his hand. And at this point I knew I wouldn't not make it to the morning alive, because Jeff the Killer never spared anyone.  

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So, I finally got around the rewriting this crappiness. I hope everyone likes the rewritten version more than the original honestly. And I will rewrite chapter 2 soon also.

Comment below you suggestions, compliments or concerns. 

Vote if you enjoyed the story.

or follow me if you liked this and want to read my other works!

Thank you!

~Pinky c: