Chapter Two *REWRITTEN*

I stood there. My breathing heavy, eyes closed as I prepared for the end. An end that didn't come.

Slowly opening my eyes, I peek to see the killer standing there still. There was something that I didn't plan on seeing though. His white hands were empty, his infamous knife was not in his hand.

My eyes opened wide as I gave him a questionable look. "You're not gonna kill me?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I came to figure something out. There's something different about you. I don't even know your name and I know there's something special about you." he laughed as he turned and headed for the window. He stopped short on his way though.

"What is your name?" the killer asked calmly, as if there was nothing wrong with this whole situation.

"Jay." I mimicked his calm tone, trying not to show how truly terrified I was.

"And what is Jay short for?" Jeff asked. He walked forward again, removing thoughts of leaving from his mind.

"Jeanette. I hate it but it was my mom's pick since my dad left before I was even born." I sighed as I relieved this to the psychopath in front of me.

It was the truth though. I had never met my dad. I never even knew his name. My mom barely ever brought him up either because it was apparently to painful to think about. I figured she had really loved the man, but I don't think I could ever continue loving a man who left my child and I.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Jeanette." he replied, sending chills up my spine as I heard him speak my real name. It sounded so nice when he said it and I wished I could just hear him say it thousands of times.

"I've got to go now, but, I'll see you soon." Jeff told me. I nodded and watched him walk to the window.

He waved and jumped out, disappearing into the eery night.

I shut the window behind him and crawled into bed. I looked over at my alarm. 4:35 was what it read and I knew I had to try to get some sleep. In which I did

***

I woke up from the sound of my alarm about an hour later. I hit the snooze button and groaned, sitting up on my bed. I looked over at the window and thought about what happened before I slept.

There was a murderer in your room last night, Jay! I screamed at myself. I knew it was bad and it definitely sounded bad, but Jeff the Killer being in my room felt so exhilarating. I wanted him here more.

"Jay! Come down here for a second, honey!" My mother yelled up. She had so much energy in the morning, which I never understood because I always felt like crap in the mornings.

I opened my door quickly and sped down the stairs. I then turned to my mom who was lying on the couch in the living room watching the new.

"Did you come down here last night?" she asked, taking a sip of her coffee after.

"Yeah, I thought I heard something from down here so I just came to see if I saw anything. It turned out to just be a cup that fell over." I giggled as I told her.

"Oh alright," my mom paused as she processed this. "Well, just go get a bowl of cereal really quick and than go get ready. Are you walking with Kylee and Jamie today?" she asked me as I walked to the kitchen to pour a bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

"Yup, and Connor." I added, blushing at the thought of him.

I've had a crush on Connor since we've met in seventh grade. We became really close friends and I decided to just hide my feeling towards him, but they would always be there, lurking in my mind.

I finished my cereal and walked back upstairs to my room to get dressed. I pulled my messy brown hair up into a bun and swept some eyeliner on quickly. I got into a nice sweater and I pair of black jeans and then grabbed my bag to get ready to meet up with my friends.

But, before I could leave, something else came in my way.

Jeff stood in front of my bedroom door, denying me access from leaving.

"I'm gonna be at your school today. I want to know what it's like being a normal kid, so I chose to do this. I'll look a bit different, but I still hope you can figure out who is me." And with that he was gone.  

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Alright, so I changed some of the character names. Connor is Ky, because Ky was so close to Kylee and Kylee is already one of Jay's friends. And Jamie is Jules, because Jamie/Jules is a boy and I just felt Jules was to feminine. 

I hoped you enjoyed the rewritten chapter though everyone!

 Comment below your suggestions, compliments or concerns.

Vote if you enjoyed the story.

or follow me if you liked this and want to read my other works!

Thank you!

~Pinky c: