Chapter Five *REWRITTEN*

I ran as fast as my could carry me. Connor's house wasn't that far from mine, but when you're running to try to save the the person you love, it felt longer.

I came up to his house and saw the front door wide open. I ran up to it and peaked inside.

It was dark, somethings were knocked over, as if there was a brawl going on inside the house

There probably was one in here, I told myself.

I tiptoed into the seemingly empty house. "Connor!" I said a little quietly.

"Dammit, Jay, get down." I heard Connor's voice whisper from below me. I looked down and saw him on the coffee table.

I got down and scooted next to him. "Who got in?" I asked in a whisper.

"Some blonde kid. He looked like he was cosplaying that Link character. He's someone in here, but I don't know where." he informed me.

"BEN Drowned?" I asked, realizing he would have no clue who I would be talking about.

"Is this one of those stupid stories you read every night?" Even though I wasn't looking at him, I figured he would've rolled his eyes while asking.

"Ye-" I was interrupted by the sound of a staticy voice. "I'll find you, kid. You can't hide from me."

"Shit, he's gonna find us. You shouldn't have come here. I'm so sorry." Connor rambled, his voice breaking from him being on the brink of tears.

"You're gonna be fine. Calm down." We looked up and saw Jeff staring down at us.

"Jeff?" I asked, confused.

His grin became larger at the sound of his name and he looked up, towards the stairs. "BEN, can you just leave this kid alone? He took your game. So what?" Jeff yelled up in a serious sounding voice.

A pair of feet suddenly appeared in front of, causing Connor to jump a bit. "He took my game. He shouldn't have done that." BEN told Jeff, the static in his voice gone now.

I got up from under the table and Connor followed. BEN looked over at Connor and then at me.

"Is that Jay?" BEN asked. He was pointing at me and had his head turned to Jeff.

"Seriously, BEN?"

"Wait, what the hell is going on here? How do you even know my girlfriend?" Connor said with a bit of anger and confusion in his voice.

"He doesn't. At least I wish he didn't." I told Connor and then turned to Jeff. "You need to leave me the hell alone, Jeff. My life wasn't supposed to include you in it, and I can't be happy if I go around thinking you might kill one of the people I love! I thought you were the one who was going to try to kill him!" I yelled.

I saw BEN whisper something to Jeff, disappearing a second after. I ignored this though.

"Can you just leave me and everyone else in my life alone?" I sighed.

Jeff had a look in his face that I recognized as sadness. He nodded anyway, realizing he was in the wrong here. "I'm sorry I put you through this. I'll leave you from now on." I could even hear the sadness in his voice.

He turned and slowly walked out the open door, taking off down the street as he exited.

Shortly after, I said goodbye to Connor. He didn't want to me to leave because of everything that had happened, but I couldn't let my mom worry.

"I'll be fine, I promise." I told him. We were standing by the door, my hand on the knob and my forehead against his.

"I know," he said, kissing my cheek quickly and then allowing me to leave the house.

I ran down the street with a sense that I was being watched. I knew it was Jeff, but I didn't want to admit it. I wanted him gone, leaving my life alone.

I continued running like this until I felt a pain come to the back of my head. I fell to the ground, looking up with my vision blurring to see a black haired women stand in front of me.

"Don't go to sleep, Jay. You might never wake up." Was the last thing I heard before slipping into unconsciousness.   

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I hope everyone enjoyed the rewritten chapter five! I'm really enjoying rewriting this story! Chapter six should be up soon. 

 Comment below your suggestions, compliments or concerns.

Vote if you enjoyed the story.

or follow me if you liked this and want to read my other works!

Thank you!

~Pinky c: