Chapter 2: Searching

"We're going to have to cancel the tour until we find a replacement." Our manager Joel decided after we told him about Wyatt leaving. Wyatt didn't even have the decency to tell our manager. He just left, the coward.

"You're kidding." Zack complained. "Our fans are going to be upset. They've already bought tickets."

"Well, we will have to give them all refunds and if we can find someone to replace Wyatt then we can book tours for later."

"If we can find someone? Come on. Seriously? I'm glad that Wyatt left. He was dragging us down anyway. It will be easier to find some else to fill his place. He didn't really play any leads that were too hard. Emma can play guitar better than him anyway." Alex said.

"Yeah but I can't play lead and sing. It's too much and it will restrict our music a lot more." I replied.

"Okay everyone look around for possible candidates. We need a guitarist and quick. Meanwhile I'm going to book you all in for more interviews. Otherwise you could risk people forgetting that you exist." Joel said.

****

I could hear the music blasting before I even got inside. It was my friend Sarah's birthday and she booked the whole club for the event. Sarah is also the vocalist of her band that is quickly rising in the charts. I walked in and quickly found Zack. He was right near the door with what looked like a bottle of whiskey in his hand. As I got closer to him I noticed the Jack Daniels label - yep I was right.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah." He said as he took another swig.

I decided not to say much about the drinking. It would only make Zack more upset. Believe me, I've tried before. "Just be careful."

"Always." He said with a toothy grin. "Oh by the way, have you been finding candidates to join the band?"

The past four days I've been trying to think of someone to join the band but the problem is that many people I know who play guitar great are already happy in their bands. "I've listed a few people who are eligible but I still don't feel quite right about my choices."

"Neither." He seemed very upset when he uttered that one word and I knew just how he felt. His eyes suddenly brightened (the effects of alcohol at it's best). "Where's Cole?"

"I didn't invite him. We broke up."

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure I saw him here not long ago."

I groaned in annoyance. Can't Cole take a hint? I don't want to see him anymore.

"I can help you find him, if you want." Zack offered.

"No I don't want to find him. But can I just stay with you for a while? I don't want to be alone with Cole."

Zack nodded as he linked arms with me. Zack put his Jack Daniels on the bar table and we walked around a bit.

"Thank you by the way. You're a good friend, Zack."

Zack replied with a simple smile. I wished Sarah a happy birthday and gave her my present.

"Sky diving?!!! Thank you so much, Em!" She hugged me and asked; "Can you go sky diving with me?"

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it."

"Oh by the way, Cole is looking for you."

I rolled my eyes. "Why?"

"He didn't say." Sarah's eyebrows contorted into confusion but after a few seconds I could see the realisation hit her. "You guys broke up again."