Chapter 4: Need

Loud angry knocks at my door woke me up from a sleep I didn't know I needed until I got home and sat down on my couch watching television. I felt like a old lady for sleeping in the afternoon. For me, sleeping during part of the day other than overnight, was a waste of a day. I can't believe I fell asleep.

Knock, knock!

I sighed and walked to the door. Whoever it is must really be persistent. Opening the front door, I see Cole standing there. I quickly slam the door in his face and locked it. "Go away!"

"Please, just let me in, Em. Let me explain." He said through the door.

"You had plenty of opportunities to tell me when we were together but you didn't."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it anymore."

"This is ridiculous. Please, Em just let me in and we can talk properly."

I stayed silent as tears escaped down my face.

"Emma."

I wiped away my tears and walked out of the foyer and into my bedroom that was on the other side of the door of the right of the front door. I looked at myself in the full length mirror. Even though I wiped my eyes, my eyes were still puffy.

"Emma, babe?"

If I let Cole in then he would know that I had been crying. And I didn't want him to know that he had such an affect on me. I walked into the attached bathroom and washed my face then dried it. There that looked a bit better. It just looks like I'm tired or something now.

"Emma?"

I walked to the front door and said; "you have five minutes."

"What?"

I opened the door and let him walk in. But he was a little hesitant walking in as if he weren't sure whether I would change my mind or not.

I close the door behind him as I walked to the couch and sat down. "Well, speak. Explain."

He walked over to me and sat down beside me. He the held my hands in his but I pulled my hands away. "I screwed up. The girl, she didn't mean anything to me. But you do. I love you, Emma."

"If you do love me then you wouldn't have cheated on me. What did you do with her?"

"We just made out."

"Making out does not involve another girl's dress on the floor of your bedroom. That's just full on cheating on me."

"Fine. You're right. We had sex."

So my worst fears were true. I looked away from him and tried everything in me to make sure I didn't cry. "Who was she?"

"A fan."

"What was her name?"

"I don't know. I can't remember. I was drunk."

"What happened the next morning when you woke up with her beside you?"

"I kicked her right out." He said as if he were giving me the right answer. But there we're no right answers. Either way, he still cheated. He can't take it back. "I promise. I didn't do anything else with her. I told her that I didn't want to see her ever again and I kicked her out. She means nothing to me."

"So, assuming you're telling me the truth—"

"I am." He said, cutting me off in mid-sentence.

"You not only cheated on me but you degraded one of your fans."

"No but—"

"There are no buts. You did it. That fan must have been very happy that she met you. Her dream had probably come true. And then what do you do about it the next morning? You kick her out and treat her like shit. Now her dream of meeting you was a complete let down. Do you ever think about the consequences your actions have on other people, Cole?"

"But I—"

"Get out, Cole."

"But I love you."

"Get out!" I yell. I'm sure almost everyone within a fifty metre radius heard me. "GET OUT COLE! I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

Cole stood up about to leave. But then he looked down at me and stopped walking. "No." He then knelt down and held my wrists apart so I would look at him. "You don't get to treat me like shit. Do you know how many girls would kill to be my girlfriend?"

"Let go of me." His hands were tightening around my wrist and they were hurting, stopping my blood flow for sure.

"No. Now it is your turn to listen to me. You have no idea how lucky you are to have me." He then stuck his tongue down my throat as I tried to push away. But he wouldn't stop and he was too strong. He just kept on kissing me. I bit his tongue hard and that's when he finally stopped. "Did you just bite me?" He asked, disbelieving me.

"I told you that we're over."

"I came all the way over here to see you. I skipped a photos shoot and an interview just to see you. I love you and I'm really sorry that I cheated. If I could take it all back I would. I want you back."

"Well, forcing your tongue down my throat isn't the way to get me back."

Realisation hit his eyes like the titanic hitting the iceberg. He let go of me and looked at my red wrists. They were going to leave bruises. "I-I'm so sorry. I keep on screwing up."

I rubbed my wrists, trying to get rid of the swelling.

"If you leave me, I don't know what I'd do. I'm lost. You were with me before all the fame hit. You were always on my side. So many people want to drag me down now but you keep me up. If you left, then I have no one. I've got no family, just you. You're the only person I trust. And what do I do? I fuck everything up. I know I have no right to ask you this but please can you give me another chance?"

"We can still be friends." I said. "for now, we can be friends. Nothing more. That means no flirting, and no I love you. Got it?"

"Yes, thank you so much, Emma."

* * * *