Chapter 24: Malevolence

Two weeks had passed and I felt myself going into the same routine. Go to the studio, record, write (either at the studio or at home) and when I reach home I indulge a little liquid courage. But today is the first day of our new tour with River and I have to say, I'm a little excited and nervous. I grabbed all my bags and walked out the door to be met with Alex. "Are you ready?"

I nodded. "Let's go."

We walked outside and waited about five minutes until the tour bus arrived. We got on and we're met by three other friendly faces.

* * * *

Did I mention it was warped tour? Well we were making our debut with River at warped tour. It was just before the show and we all got ready backstage. We got each other pumped and energetic, ready for the show. Then we all ran on stage. And began doing what we get paid to do. People surprisingly responded better than they did with Wyatt and I was grateful. We finished our first three songs then I decided to say thanks. "Ok so before we start our next song, I just wanted to say to you all thank you so very much for accepting River into our band."

Everyone cheered and went crazy, jumping up and down.

River nodded and smiled waving at a few who were waving to him. Thank you, he mouthed.

I grinned as I watched him and the crowd. I then took a swig of my beer, put it down then walked closer to the crowd and faced them. "So how do you like our new guitarist?!"

Everyone cheered louder, jumping up and down. Then they began chanting; "guitar solo" over and over again.

I turned and looked at him and said through the microphone. "Now, I'm not entirely sure. But I think they want a guitar solo. Maybe they're gonna have to speak a little louder to get what they want."

Then the chants became much louder and I looked at River who was laughing a little then began playing a freestyle solo alternating between slow classic blue/rock solo to a heavy metal economy picking tremolo solo.

Everyone cheered once he finished.

"Whoo. He's good." I said through the microphone and the crowd responded with another cheer. "Okay so the next song is about a guy I used to know."

The guys starting playing the intro and I waited for my queue to sing.

"So soft, so gentle this rose is kind and still

"With change comes hatred now time to kill

"I've heard it all, I know I cared too much

"But it's cruel I'd let you die

"I'll take the fall, I'll be the heartless one

"My veins are made of ice.

"Well, I'm not afraid to take the world on myself

"But if I can't have it all then no one will.

"Nothing's gonna save me

"The evil that I see has taken over me

"No one's gonna save me

"The damage has been done, I'm righting all the wrongs

"I'm relentless like you made me."

After the chorus, the crowd cheered and anticipated the scream that would follow. I smiled feeling so grateful for the fans we have and screamed. "You fool!!!!!"

"Intentions once pure and simple, now sinister and sharp

"I was weak I would fall for a promise I had no guard