Chapter 3: Hope

I woke up to my alarm early in the morning and groaned. Why must I get up so early? Because the band has an interview at a morning show. I get out of bed and walk out of my apartment. Across from my door, Alex's apartment was there. I knocked on the door loudly, almost bruising my knuckles in the process. "Come on Alex. Wake up. We have an interview in half an hour."

Alex opened his door whilst rubbing his eyes. He had bed hair and his eyes were little slits, looking really tired. "I'm up."

"Get changed and I'll meet you back out here in ten minutes." I walked back into my apartment and changed into a black lace dress. I didn't bother putting make up on because I knew that once I got there, make up artists would be at work. I grabbed something quick to eat and I headed out. Locking my door behind me, I saw Alex all ready in the hallway. "We taking your car or mine?"

"Mine." He replied.

I knew the answer to that question every time I asked it. Alex is not a fan of my driving. Every time I drive with him in the car, he complains about how I drive like a grandma. Unlike me, Alex drives like a maniac. He always revs the engine and speeds. He's had like five tickets in the past 3 years for speeding. But slowly, he's getting better and becoming a little bit more careful.

"So have you thought of anybody to join?" Alex asked as we got into his car.

"Yeah. And I think I've found the perfect person."

"Who? I haven't really thought of anybody that sticks out." He turned on the engine and he began driving out of the parking lot.

"River Evans from Narcissist Serenade."

"River? But he's already part of a band."

"But he's having problems with his band members."

"It doesn't mean he's going to leave and on top of that, join a new band."

"Yeah but I really think we can get him to join the band. And you can't deny that he'd be perfect as our guitarist."

He chuckled, "Save your case for when we meet up with the others."

*****

"River? He's already in a band." Peter said, once I told Zack and him about wanting River to be our new guitarist.

"He's having some issues with his band."

"What sort of issues?" Zack asked.

I never liked keeping things from my bandmates but it would feel wrong if I told them the specifics about River's differences and issues with Narcissist Serenade. "It doesn't matter. What matters is that he fits the role perfectly. You've all seen him play guitar. He's better than Wyatt. He's better than me. And his style is closer to Zack's than Wyatt's was. It will work well." I turned to look at Zack solely, "Just think of how great you and River would play together. You two would be more in sync with each other." I then shifted my eyes between the three of them, "And we all know River. He's our friend already. The transition should be easy."

There was silence for a while as they all seemed to be thinking about it.

"Well, I agree. We need him." Alex was the first to say.

Peter nodded. "You made a convincing case Em."

"Zack?" I asked, looking at him carefully.

"If he even does decide to leave Narcissist Serenade, then what makes you think he'll join us?" Zack questioned, still not quite on board with my appeal.

"He's already a fan of our music. And we've all got a little thing called charm to help us convince him."

"Alright, let's give it a try."