Chapter 13: Get out!

I'm surprised I hadn't fallen over yet. I mean I drank a lot and surprisingly I'm only very happy and talkative. "I need to go to the t-toilet. I need to take care of ma business." I spoke into River's ear. Oh and maybe I'm sharing too much personal information. I laughed as I left and headed towards Alex's bathroom. But just as I was about to walk into the bathroom, someone stood in front blocking it. It was Mary.

"What are you doing flirting with River?" She was judging me, looking me up and down like a disgusting creature. "Aren't you already with someone?"

"I'm not flirting. And anyway it's none of your business."

"You should be here with Cole. Flirting with him."

"Yeah well tell him that. He's the one who didn't come."

"W-why would I tell him? I don't even know him that well. The only time I've seen him is when he's with you. It's not like I meet up with him. Why? What have you heard?"

I frowned at her sudden fear. "I haven't heard anything." Suddenly the realisation hit me. "Anyway, while you're here I want to hear how beautiful Italy was."

She smiled as she saw that the subject was changed. "It was great. I got to go shopping heaps there. It was so fun."

"How long were you there for?"

"About three weeks."

"Really? Are you sure it wasn't France you went to? I mean that's what you told Alex." I watched her as horror hit her eyes. "I thought I recognised that dress I saw on Cole's bedroom floor you bitch."

"I can explain. Please don't tell Alex."

"You didn't just ruin your own relationship but you had to ruin mine as well."

"It takes two to have sex." She snapped. "You know, Cole was bored with you so he came to me. And trust me I kept him way more interested and happy than he has ever been with you."

And that's when she earned her slap across the face. "Get out!" I yelled.

The people who were inside, looked at the scene. Mary with a shocked expression and a hand over her left cheek that was bloodshot red. That was the first time I had hit anyone and oddly it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. Instead I felt weaker than before.

Suddenly Alex appeared beside Mary and looked at her sympathetically. "Emma, what the hell did you do?"

"She cheated on you, Alex. She slept with Cole."

"Your Cole?"

I nodded.

"I'm so sorry, Alex. I didn't mean to hurt you." Mary said trying to savour the remnants of her relationship.

"If you didn't want to hurt me then you wouldn't have cheated on me. And no less ruin Em's and Cole's relationship."

"I am so sorry. I love you, Alex."

Alex looked between us two. Then looked around at the people all around the place. But thankfully most of the people were outside. He then looked back at Mary. "Get out." He said as he pointed to the door. "We're over."

"You're breaking up with me?"

"Did you really expect anything else from me?"

Mary looked down at the floor.

"Get out."

Once Mary left, I said sorry to Alex about the situation. "I didn't mean to grab other peoples attention. I just got so mad. I'm sorry you had to find out this way."

"No it's fine. I had to find out some way or god knows how long I would have been stuck with her. And I'm sorry too that you had to find out like this too."

"No need to apologise. It wasn't your fault. It was theirs."

"What are you going to do with Cole?"

I sighed. "I don't care how it would affect our public life, I can't stay with him any longer. Every time I forgive him, he fucks up again and I end up becoming more meek and weak. He's done. And if people ask me why we broke up, I won't lie. I've got nothing to hide."

"There's that strong rock chic we know and love."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Come on you dork. Let's find the others and completely forget about what just happened. But first I need to go to the toilet."

He chuckled. He was upset so I knew he could quite laugh just yet. But I'll make sure he will laugh at one point tonight.

* * * *