Chapter 15: Truth or Dare

I'm finally happy. But a small part of me felt a little guilty. Did I have a right to feel happy? I mean, I could have been a little more understanding and listened to his side. But I'm not sure if it would have made a difference to me or my response.

No! I am not going to feel bad for him. He cheated and lied. I gave him plenty of chances and he still fucked it up.

"I want to invite the rest of the guys from the band over." I said to Alex beside me. "And a few more friends."

About two hours ago, River had left saying he had to go to an interview. Alex came over probably twenty minutes after that to see how I was doing which was funny because I was just about to head over to his place to ask him the same thing.

"Are you sure you want to? You just broke up with Cole."

"Just because he cheated, doesn't mean that I have to be upset about it. He fucked up and I refuse to give him the satisfaction of making me feel depressed."

"Well fuck him and fuck Mary. Let's have fun. I'll call some people." He said as he pulled out his phone from his pocket. And flicked through his contacts.

I smiled and nodded. He wasn't pitying me like most people would. He seemed to have the ability of understanding without treating me like I'm fragile china, probably because he was going through the same thing with Mary. Even though the situation is terrible I fell a little glad that I'm not going through it alone.

* * * *

About an hour later, River, Peter, Zoe, Zack, Kylie, Sarah, Tom, Tyler and Max were here. Alex, was already here from earlier and he seemed to remain in good spirits. Peter, Zoe, Zack and Kylie all came at the same time. I remember being surprised and happy for Zack that Kylie came with him. And by the looks of it now they seemed to be getting closer and maybe soon they'll end up being together. They are so close together at the moment standing outside on my balcony with their arm wrapped around each other. River then came not long after. Sarah, Tom and Tyler are all our good friends from the band Steel Winter. We also invited Rob from the band but he was feeling too sick to come. I was happy with this group – it wasn't too big and it wasn't to small.

It was about 7pm and everyone was drinking. But I wanted to wait a bit until I started drinking and I knew that I didn't want to drink much tonight just because the memory of that terrible hangover still lingered in my mind.

I looked around. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, even Alex was in good spirits.

"Hey let's play a game." Tom suggested.

"What game?" I asked as I sat down on my couch.

"What about truth or dare?" Kylie, who was comfortably sitting on Zack's lap, suggested. They looked so cute together.

We all seemed to agree to playing the game.

"Okay so, truth or dare, Zack?" Kylie asked, beginning the game.

"Dare."

"For the next five turns, you have to make chicken noises and pretend you are a chicken."

Zack started away acting like a chicken. Whilst acting like a chicken he asked; "Zoe, truth or dare?"

"Truth." Zoe replied.