Dieting

"Eww!" I shriek in disgust.

"What?" asks Cassie. We are at a farmers market getting new food for my new diet. It's all healthy and organic and gross. It's all green like the color of puke that will soon be coming from my stomach after taste-testing these foreign foods.

"This tastes like a leaf!" I complain.

"Thats because it is a leaf," Cassie says like I am the dumbest person in the world.

"People actually eat this cabbage stuff?" I ask in disbelief. 

"Um...no shit Sherlock. It's lettuce, for a matter of fact! Have you never had it before?" 

"No, I don't recall, unless covered in fatty dressing a mounds of croutons," I told her and she sighed. 

"Seriously, Addie?" 

"Yes, I try to stay away from anything green and leafy," I say to which Cassie rolls her eyes. 

"We'll take it," she tells the worker dude. I'll just throw it away when I get home... I have absolutely no food at home. Those evil little elfs gave it away! Every last bit of it. And my mom was all for the idea too, so she didn't mind. She always trys to go on a diet, but then quits in less than a day.

The cashier handed me my bags and I signed a paper reciept. This stuff was so much more expensive than my usual food! 

As I walked to the car with my many bags of disgustingly healthy food, I continued to complain to Cassie. I dropped her off at her house on the way back and then drove to the Shell. I brought a container of ice cream to the counter, I was going to take my wallet out from my back pocket. Instead, I got a note. 

"Until you get used to your new healthy eating, Im not giving you your wallet back.-Cassie" Says the note. Well, I guess she knows I'm not going to be spending money on clothing, so food is the only thing I use my money for.

"No money, no food." says this foreign cashier in a rude tone.

I sigh and put the food back. I dial Cassie, who picks up on the first ring. 

"I've been expecting you," she answers in a creepy voice. My mouth turns upwards, but I can't laugh. I am mad at Cassie. 

"I got the note Cassie. Thanks a lot! That's so embarassing to go up to a counter and be like 'can I have food? Oh wait, my friend's a criminal, my bad'".

"Did you actually say that?" 

"No, but it was implied, can I ask you something?" 

"Go ahead," she says calmly and I freak out on her.

"WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE!"  

People stare at me like Im a freak as I slam my car door shut. 

"I'm not. You'll thank me later." 

"Doubt that," I said.

"Oh. I am coming over tonight. I'm gonna teach you how to cook. Those microwable TV meals aren't good for you on a day to day basis, even if they are Smart Ones," she said.

"See you later." 

I get home and turn on the TV. 2 hours later a sign pops up telling me that I have had "2 hours of TV time, so I can't have any more throughout the day" and to "go exercise now.

I groan and with nothign better to do, I go jogging. This better be worth it when I go back to school.

I'm ecxited to return with new looks, but really nervous. What will people think of me? They'll probably just tell me that I'm still ugly and call me a "try-hard" and tease me even more.

When I get home I take a shower and get in my pajamas. The doorbell rings and I let Cassie in. She has a huge duffel bag in her hand because she is sleeping over.

Cassie shows me how to boil, use the oven, grill, and even sauté food. Then she enters a password into the TV that unlocks it and lets us watch more.

"Get ready to pull an allnighter," she tells me. 

"Horror movie night?"

"Better!" she says and I get ecxited.

-the next morning- 

I am so tired. I stayed up all night watching the food network with Cassie to learn new recipes and expand my cooking knowledge even more. I have had enough of the food network for a lifetime. I am exhausted and seriously need some sleep. But no. The girls have other plans. 

Alexx comes barging in my door. "Congratulations! You have completed my course!" Cassie yells at me as I am yanked out the door. Now Alexx will teach me attitude. Save the best for last?