A date with James

Originally, this was by another person, this chapter because I had a contest, but I changed the date because I might publish this book.

Arriving home on Friday, I have an hour and a half to prepare for my date with James, which is certainly more than enough time. The girls weren't here to help me get ready this time, so it was all up to me. This was where I really have to put my skills to the test.

I went straight to my room and opened my closet door, groaning at all of the clothes I had. The doors to the closet are practically busting open with all of the items and there is a cubbyhole with my seemingly thousands of pairs of shoes below it. Sometimes having a large closet is awesome because I have a lot of options, but other times I miss my old, small closet because it gets annoying and overwhelming. Perhaps now I have too many options! It is going to take forever to find an outfit in this mess. I shook my head, removing any negative thoughts away and went straight to the shorts section. I would wear a sundress or a skirt, but what if it is something relatively active? I definetely would not want my dress or skirt coming up if I was running or anything, so I'll play it safe.

After almost an hour, I finally found an outfit that wasn't too casual, but also wouldn't be super nice. My "personal stylist" found some really cool shorts off of Etsy and they look vintage! They are high waisted with two brass buttons and the design is literally out of this world. They are a purplish shade with space additions. I add some suspenders I found in a drawer and tuck in a black v-neck, but then I decide the suspenders are way too over the top and I look like I'm going for a nerd chic look- not exactly my perfect date outfit. I add a purple and gold necklace to make the shirt less boring and to match the shorts and looking through my shoe closet, I pick a pair of black lace up boots out. They have a small heel on them and they add an edge to the otherwise trendy, hipster outfit.

Looking around my room at all the rejected outfits I tried on, but did not like, I realize what a mess I have made. My mother will definetely be screaming and yelling at me for the looks of the room tommorow morning. My lazy brain tells me I could go for the natural beauty or beauty comes from within idea with this look, but I might as well have cute makeup to match my cute outfit. Not to mention the fact that the girls are begging for a picture of my date outfit and if I dissapoint them, they will torture me. They would likely fork my eyeballs out with a spoon or something along those lines.

Fearing I would run short on time and not wanting to make James wait and have a conversation with my mother (just the thought makes me want to run and hide), I hurry to do my hair and makeup. I decide to straighten my hair because since it is already pretty straight naturally, it takes a lot less longer than curling. The straightener gives my hair a sleeker look and once satisfied with the looks of my brown locks, I start with makeup. I hurry to put on smoky eye shadow, a mix of blue, black, and of course, purple, that compliment my eye color and my outfit perfectly. As I hear the doorbell ring, I look in the mirror one last time. 

I realize I have forgotten to put Moroccan Oil on my hair that the new hairdresser I was taken to recommended and hastily run my fingers with the liquid on them through my hair. I take the steps down two at a time after snapping a photo of myself with my iPhone to show my friends. God forbid I forget that and I can't help but automatically roll my eyes at the thought.

 As I walk down the stairs, my eyes meet James. They are beautiful, breathtaking and I feel as if they are staring into my soul.

"Hello, there. I like those shorts of yours. Trying hard to impress me aren't you?" James says politely.

"As if." I say with a huff as I observe James' outfit. Saying he looks sexy is an understatement considering he is weiring khakis, flip flops, and a white shirt. Khakis are totally stylish at the moment and they match perfectly with his navy belt. And the fact that he is wearing flip flops is impressive because he can pull them off and only real men can wear flip flops without looking completely gay. Through his white shirt, I can see the outline of hard abs. I start to count the lines without thinking, one, two, three, four, five, six...Not paying attention to where I am walking, I stumble down the rest of the stairs and fall. My arms shoot out to catch myself as my face nears the tiled floor, but James is faster and he lifts me up.