How interesting...

"Does the mall work?" I get a text from Amber.

"Fine." I reply, curtly sort of mad. Amber better have a good reason for dragging me out to the mall. I've had enough of that place for a lifetime, and her. I shudder at the thought of seeing her overly made up face in a matter of minutes.

"Meet you in front of Abercrombie in 10." She texts me and I snap my phone shut not responding to this one. I decide to steal my neighbor’s ripstick and I skate to the mall. The neighbor to the left of me I mean, not James. I'm sure the boy, Tommy won't mind. He knows it's me.

When I arrive at the mall, I hide the ripstick in a bush and make sure nobody is watching me. I take the elevator to the upstairs floor to Abercrombie. Ever since I heard about a kid getting his foot decapitated from an escalator, I’d rather not ride one unless it is absolutely necessary.

I am a bit early considering I live really close to the mall, and I drum my fingers against the wall and I am leaning on it as a wait for Amber.

I continually check my watch. She's a bit late and I finally see her slowly approaching me. She's wearing a Maxi skirt and a large sweatshirt with flats. The skirt is cute but paired with the sweatshirt it just overwhelms Amber’s figure. It looks like something I used to wear. Amber never wears things like this. It's always super high heels (not 27 inch Lady Gaga heels but still very high), tight shorts, and low cut tank-top no matter what the weather. She's just your average slut.

"Hi." She says softly as she approaches me and I see the lack of makeup on her face. Her eyes are red and puffy and she keeps sniffling like she's been crying recently.

I frown and absorb her farther.

"Do you want to go inside?" I ask motioning to Abercrombie.

"I’m not planning on purchasing anything, but sure."

"Then why did you want to come to the mall?" I ask as we walk inside to face a large poster of an Abercrombie model. Shirtless boys are hawt. Majorly hawt.

"I was craving a cinnamon pretzel." She says with a small smile.

"I’m surprised." I say truthfully.

"What?" She asks confused.

"I didn't think you ate anything other than salad or sometimes nothing at all."

Instead of getting mad like expected, she just chuckles softly. She takes a ponytail off of her wrist and puts her messy, not straightened hair in a bun.

It is silent as we go through a rack of clothing. Looking at the price tags, I realize I should make my way to the sale and clearance section. Abercrombie can be expensive!

"It is a nice weather today, huh?" Amber attempts to start a conversation.

"There are ugly blue and black clouds blocking the sun and it's threatening to rain; just gorgeous." She sighs at my sarcasm.

"Just get to the point." I say abruptly eyeing some skirts.

She hands me the last small navy blue flowered skirt and I nod in approval. This skirt is mid thigh length and ruffled. Not too revealing.

"I’m sorry for lashing out at you the other day." She admits looking down as I make my way to the changing room.

"It’s okay. You've done worse."

"I’m sorry about that too." She says continuing to stare at the floor. She actually looks ashamed of her past actions but I can't trust this girl.

"Tyler says you were having a tough time the other day?" I ask stepping into an empty changing room, as she waits outside the door.

"Um...yeah."