Brusters and B*tches

After staying up late with Noah, I am very tired. I just want to lie in bed all day long, but at 7:00, my mom barges in my room like always. 

"Addison." Says my mom, shaking me. 

"Leave me alone! I need my beauty sleep!" I groan, turning over on my stomach and burying my face into my pillow. It's too early to get out of bed! 

"You wouldn't want a repeat of yesterday, would you dear?" She threatens. 

I groan again and say "fine" in defeat. 

"That's my girl," Says my mom patting my head and going back downstairs. 

Before getting out of my bead, I check my phone on my bedside table to find two new messages. 

"OMG! Why did you not tell me you were going out with James?" Says the one from Lily.

"Friday night. 8'o clock. Oh and this is James." Says the other text from an unknown number. I save James' contact information in my phone and don't reply. Lily is driving me today, so I'll talk to her about that stupid rumor later. 

I walk downstairs and pour myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes. I eat it dry like I always do and read the Nutrition Facts as I eat. I'm bored. Don't blame me.

Wow! Frosted Flakes has a lot of sugar! And calories. And fat. And that serving size is small. This is not approved food, gosh the girls would kill me if they knew what I was eating, but they'll never know. They're probably getting dressed and all primped up for the upcoming day at school this very instant.

Lily walks in without knocking since she is practically my sister and I shove as much cereal as I can in my mouth and stash the box under the table. Being polite, Lily acknowledges my mother and then walks over to where I am sitting. Up close, I can see her frown and her fiery eyes; she's obviously mad about something. 

"What's up Lilypad?" I ask, popping the "p" and she just crosses her arms giving me a death glare. If looks could kill...Since when does Lily ever give me glares? 

"Don't you 'what's up" me!" she says, even more pissed off now. 

"What? I'm sorry, whatever I did, I feel horrible about it," I say, having no idea why Lily is mad at me- I didn't do anything! 

"Whatever you did? Are you kidding me? You have to be, right? I am your best friend! No, scratch that, sister, and I have to hear from Lindsay Burns that you were holding hands with James and walking home from school together and you're going out. Lindsay Burns!" She says, emphasizing Lindsay's name in disgust. Does she honestly believe I wouldn't tell her about a relationship I was in before going public? 

"You actually believe her? She is the biggest gossiper in the school- maybe even the world- and you believe her?" I ask her, astonished about how gullable Lily can be sometimes, a victim of high school rumors. 

"Well she said that's what James said and it's true. He's been going around telling everyone about some steamy hot makeout session you guys had, I mean, whoa. Like TMI, there was a lot of description, but why didn't you tell me?" she asks me, pouting her lip, still not getting the fact that James and I aren't together in any way. We're not boyfriend and girlfriend and we surely didn't make out! 

Oh no he didn't. This was going to go down, right now.

"Where are you going, Addie? Addie?" Lily asks me as I sit up from the table with the Frosted Flakes box clutched in my hands.

I march over to James' house, ignoring Lily's shouts, with my cereal box as a weapon and bang on his door. He answer and says, "What?" sleepily and in a harsh tone. Seeing it is me, his eyes widen to the size of saucers and his mouth hangs open.