Hiking?

Early update! I stayed up late to finish writing this tonight because I love all my readers so much. I hope you like this chapter!

Warning: this chapter has not been edited.

I wake up to the smell of fresh donuts. Aah...I am tired, but with a hope of donuts for breakfast, I get out of my sleeping bag. All the other girls are still asleep and I tiptoe downstairs. My mom probably bought some Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme. Boy, do I love my mommy. 

When I reach the kitchen, I realize everything is not as I suspected. Instead of my mother, it is James standing in the kitchen. "This is my house. Yours is next door. Did you perhaps get lost?" I joked with him. 

"Oops! Sorry neighbor. I guess I best be goin! And I'm gonna take the donuts I made with me!" he says playing along. 

"Oh there's no need. Please stay. Really, feel free." I say smiling big. James is just so funny. 

"I didn't know what donuts you liked, so I made a wide variety and assortment. There's regular glazed, ones with chocolate icing, vanilla icing, or a chocolate-vanilla icing swirl. Some have sprinkles some do not. Some have jelly or jam filling while others have cream or none." he explains. 

"Wow thank you!" I say picking up a chocolate one with sprinkles and a cream filling. These are my favorite! 

"Nice choice." James says digging in to a donut of his own. He has chosen a plain glazed one.  

"Where is my mother?" I ask him. 

"She is in the basement. Says she has to start making a photo album with last nights pictures. You just missed her. She woke up early in the morning to get the pictures developed." he explains. 

"Obsessed with her pictures, she is!" I say laughing. 

"Yeah. She's funny."  

"This donut sure is making my thirsty! I'm gonna get some milk. You want anything? We have coffee and tea and juices of all kinds! Cranberry, apple, grape, orange juice-the usual. Oh, we also have those syrup flavorings for your milk in case you want chocolate or strawberry milk. 

"Can I just have a water please?" asked James politely. 

"Water. It tastes like nothing. What a boring choice." I say as I fill a glass up from the tap and then pour myself some organic skim milk. 

"Sorry for having a not-so-interesting drink preference." says James. 

As I am about to respond, the girls come barging down the stairs. 

"Good morning everybody!." says Lily cheerily, always the morning person. I guess she slept well. 

"Something smells good." chirps Cassie. She is sort of a morning person. Her eyes are shut and I can tell that it is taking her a lot of effort to not go back to bed. Cassie uses her sense of smell to navigate her way towards the plate of the donut assortment. 

"Ooh donuts! Yummy!" says Amber grabbing one. 

"Amber, you eat donuts?" asks James suprised. I guess all he has seen Amber eat before is salad or nothing. 

"Yeah. I eat donuts. Is that a problem? Oh my gosh, am I getting fat?" Amber shrieks dropping her donut and sprinting up the stairs to check herself in my full-length mirror. 

"I didnt mean it like that!" shouts James to Amber. 

"Let her be. She's fine." I say as James starts to follow Amber to apologize. 

"Hi." Alexx manages to mumble. She is horrible with mornings. 

"Which one of these donuts is the healthiest?" asks Lily to Cassie. Cassie is laying her head down on the counter almost asleep again. Lily snaps her fingers in Cassie's face to wake Cassie up.