chapter.14

Eliza POV
It's been two days since I last talked to Harry. It's the end of the school day and I have one class left. I just have to make it through this last class and then I can say I've successfully avoided Harry almost all week.

"Liz you're staying over tomorrow right?" Julie asks from beside me in her seat.

I nodded my head while I finished writing out my chemical equations, before I turned to look at her. "Yea, my mom said yeah. She also gave me some money if you wanna go to the mall or get dinner or something." I laughed a little.

As we made our way out of class she said "Definitely mall, Liz." She laughed as we continued walking.

We made our way to Drawing while keeping our heads down. Julie knows I'm avoiding Harry so she's been doing what she could to help. I have that class with Harry and it's been hard to dodge him, but we've been painting the last couple days so he can't really come bother me.

Which is good.
+
"Alright guys." begins Mr.Fern. "We're painting again! But I want you to play with lights and darks this time. Show me some feeling. I'll be checking at the end of class, work hard and have fun."

With that he sat behind his desk and pulled out a book and started reading.

Julie and I walked to our shared cubby and pulled out our smocks, I tie-dyed mine a few years back, I've always painted, and I absolutely love it. Julie's on the other had was just purchased for this class and has very little paint on it.

After getting my canvas and isle, I got brushes and paint. The last week I've set my stuff in front of the window, my back facing it. I've always found painting in natural light gives best results and it helps me think.

I put my headphones in, playing Roses by MacKenzie Bourg. It's amazing and I love it.

Anyway, the entire period I could see Harry out of the corner of my eye. He had set his isle facing me, glancing at me every few seconds. It was driving me mad.

At the end of the period Mr.Fern began walking around the room. When he got to mine it was the first time it had taken his a few minutes to say something.

"Elizabeth, what is it?" he asked in full curiosity.

"Light and dark colliding." I said simply.

I could feel Harry staring at me, the entire class was quite as I explained my painting, and I knew the green eyed devil got the hint.

"The dark is over powering the light." I say, looking directly at him. "But it's beautiful. Even though the light is fighting to shine through, together they make something ... perfect."

"Well Miss.Jacobs. Outstanding." Mr.Fern then walked away and continued his critique.

I initialed ERJ in the bottom right corner using white paint, like I always have, before taking the canvas off the isle and putting it in the "drying corner" then putting up the isle and my smock. I put the paint up and took the brushes to the sink for the aid to clean them.

I walked back to my seat to collect my things.

"Your painting was amazing." My breathing quickened. "They have been all week. I never knew you were so talented Liza." he said from right behind me. He pushed my hair off my shoulder, letting it fall behind my back. "Why have you been avoiding me, love?"

I quickly turn to look at him. I stand there, looking him in the eye. "I can't come to the party tomorrow." is all I say before quickly turning to grab my bag and my phone before walking out of class right as the bell rang.
+
I went to my locker to grab my Algebra book as well as my Comp journal. When I close my locker I find Harry standing right in front of me.

"Did I do something?" he asked, stepping closer to me.

I said nothing as I stood there, holding my books to my chest.

"Liza if you tell me what I did I can fix it. I promise, just tell me what I did." he says, lifting his hand to brush against my cheek.

"Did you mean what you said about Avalon? About it being for crazy people?"

"Well I mean, isn't it?" he asked while shrugging his shoulders and furrowing his brow.

I shook my head before letting out a laugh. "What if I told you I went there?"

"Did you?"

"Yes."

"You're not crazy Liza." He steps closer to me.

"Maybe. Maybe not. But based on my last three years of therapy and five month stay at Avalon, I would say it's a safe bet that I am."

"What?" He seems so shocked.

"I'm sorry. I need to go."

I push past him and leave him standing in front of my locker, shocked and unclear on what to do with the knowledge of my past.

But I guess it was bound to come out sooner or later. I just wish it were later.
+-
Soooooo Harry knows about little Liz now:( hopefully he won't hate her
Eliza's outfit is on my polyvore and her painting is at the top

ALSO GUYS GO BUY ROSES ON ITUNES!!! MacKenzie Bourg is amazing and his son should be heard by everyone!!!!! I just had to throw it in there lol

Love you guys xxxx