chapter.29

Eliza POV

Eliza POV

"So how was the party?" Julie asks.

It's Monday morning, back at school and I haven't seen Harry all day.

"Oh I'm sorry, gala." she corrects herself while laughing.

"It was actually very fun. I was kind of scared to be around all those fancy types, but with Harry it felt normal." I shrug. "We couldn't find his dad though. He said it was okay, but I know he was upset by it."

"Where is he today, anyway?" Julie asks as she leans on the locker next to mine.

"I don't know actually. We talked on the phone last night for a while and I haven't heard from him since." I shut my locker to lean against it.

We both stand there quietly for a minute as we watch the traffic of students pass us.

"Rider asked me about you in class today." she blurts out of no where.

"What did he ask?"

"If you and Harry were serious. He seems really interested in you Liz."

"Well, I have Harry. I love Harry. I-"

"Wait, what?" she stops me, quickly turning her head in my direction. "You love him? Liz since when?"

"I've been thinking it for a while and it just came out." I say, a little stunned myself that I said it out loud.

"So you haven't told him?"

I shake my head no.

"Do you want to tell him?"

"Well of course Juls. But I don't want to be the first one to say it and him not say it back." I cry lamely.

"I'm sure he feels the same way El. He's crazy about you." she says as she pushes herself off the locker and we begin our walk to Algebra II.

"I'm sure he does. But the thought of him not saying it back still scares me."

"I think you should tell him. You never know Liz, maybe he isn't saying it for the exact same reason."
+
"Harry?"

"Hey."

"Where are you?" I ask into the phone as I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Out."

"Why weren't you at school?" I ask as I sit up and tuck my legs in to sit Indian style.

"Didn't feel like it, I had stuff to do." he huffs.

"Oh, okay. Well do you want me to come over? We could hang out if you'd-"

"Thank you for the concern. But no thanks." he says harshly. I can tell he's getting irritated with my as each second passes.

"Okay. Well then I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Maybe. I have to go. Bye."

Then without waiting, he hangs up the call and I'm left speechless.

It's only 4:30pm and I've finished all of my homework. Without Harry to talk to, I never realized how boring my life is.

I decided to use this time and take advantage of my newly acquired license, and get some errands done.

As I get into my car, I decide to not focus on Harry's harsh tone and mean words, but rather the things I can now get done in my free time.
+
I pull into the parking structure of the mall and try to park as close to the elevator as possible.

After getting out and locking the door, I sling my purse in my shoulder and make the short trek to the elevator.

Once inside the mall I set out to buy my items. Luckily it isn't too crowded on a Monday afternoon, and I don't have to fight people to get what I need.

As I'm walking I decided to stop for a soft pretzel and a lemonade. After making my quick stop I continue my search for a shoe store.

After that I head into a clothing boutique to buy some new items.

By 5:23pm I have four bags around my wrist and I'm making my way to the food court to grab a quick bite before I make the drive home.

"Elizabeth!" I hear my name from across the mall.

I quickly look around to find the source, my eyes landing on the talk, blond boy who won't leave me alone.

"Sebastian." I nod as he finally approaches me.

"How are you? I've been looking for you at school but I seem to always just miss you." he laughs lightly while breathing deeper than usual to balance back after his short run to catch up to me.

"I'm good. Just doing some shopping." I reply, waving my bags around.

"Your body guard not with you?" he asks, laughing at his own joke.

"He's my boyfriend, not bodyguard." I roll my eyes before I continue walking. Just as expected, he walks beside me and continues to speak.

"Whatever. So where is he?"

"He had stuff to do. So did I." I shrug.

I decide to scan my surroundings as I walk, trying to find a way out of this situation. As we get closer to the food court I continue looking, but this time trying to find a good place to get food.

As my eyes land on a table in the center of the food court I stop in my tracks and my breathing stops for a moment.

Harry sits with a girl. She's sitting adjacent to him at the square table, with her hand on top of his.

So that's his "stuff" he had to do.

"Elizabeth, what's wrong?" Sebastian asks from beside me.

"N-nothing." I shake my head quickly before shooting him a smile. "Do you wanna go somewhere?" I ask.

I watch as his head turns to where I was looking previously and I pray that he doesn't notice. After a moment he nods his head and smiles back at me.

"I'd love to. Let's go, I'll drive." he places his hand on my back to pull me back towards the exit to get to the parking structure.

All I can think about is that gorgeous girl sitting with my boyfriend, with her hand on top of his.
+
"Okay how exactly did it look?" Julie asks from next to me in homeroom.

"It looked like my boyfriend was sitting with some stunning blonde who was trying to hold his hand. And he didn't look opposed to it at all." I huff.

"Maybe it wasn't what it looked like..." she offers skeptically. I can tell she's just trying to cheer me up about it.

"Sebastian was nice about it." I shrug.

"So he was just at the mall at the same time as you, and he saw them?" Julie asks.

"Yep. And then we went to some ice cream shop I never heard of. Then I dropped him back at the mall so he could go home and then I went home. And now I'm here and haven't heard from Harry since we talked on the phone yesterday."

"That's rough Liz."

I nod back to show that I know. I just wish I didn't have to know.
+-