chapter. 2

Eliza-

9 months ago...

Dear Friend,

My freshman year is almost over. I am actually surprised to say that I have made it through alive. I've lost a lot this year, probably the most I've ever lost. The only friend I have ever had in my short 15 years of living betrayed me faster than I ever thought possible. Who knew I was so horrible that I could ruin that as well. I am tempted to reinvent myself. I want to, so badly. But my reputation as the mental freak is too huge. I keep begging my mom to switch my schools, just switch my school and everything will be okay. But I've realized it won't be. Because I will always be that crazy girl. I honestly don't even know why I want to please people. I hate nearly everyone that I know. I hate how there's the "popular" group which just consists of snobby bitches and assholes who think they're too hot for any remotely attractive girl that might take an interest. I hate school. I hate society. Society is the root of all my problems, in my mind at least. I sustained to the pressure society provided and that is why I am the way I am. Society controls what you think and do. It makes you hate yourself. It causes you to slowly fall of that edge you have been approaching. I've been standing on that edge since seventh grade. It took three years for me to finally fall. And now I feel as if I am just suspended in time, frozen. Not really going anywhere but at the same time going somewhere. That somewhere is the bottom. I know I am bound to hit the bottom, probably faster than anyone else at my age. I don't really know how I feel about that.If I'm being a hundred percent truthful with you, I somewhat look forward to the day. The day I don't have to worry about anything anymore. Being able to finally be done with everything and everyone. I'm ready to hit the bottom, I welcome it actually.

sincerely, E.

-

"Elizabeth have you finished your homework?" my mom calls from the bottom of the stairs. I roll off my bed and slowly descend the steps.

"Yes Mom." I walk into the kitchen and sit down at the counter.

"Dr. Blake says you're ready to switch schools." my mother tells me as she re-enters the kitchen and walks to the fridge. She takes a water bottle out, sets in front of me and sits next to me.

"Can I?" I practically beg.

"I just need to go down to the district office and sign the transfer paper. But you only have two weeks left of school, so we will wait until next year." she says getting up and going to check on the sphagetti sauce she has heating on the stove.

"That's fine, I suppose." I walk back to my room with a small smile on my face.

maybe things will be better. I think to myself. Things will be better, I know it.

-

six months ago...

White Water High School. My new home for the next three years. My mom transferred my school, finally.

I'm not all better yet though, I will still be seeing Dr. Blake every Thursday at 4:00 pm. She claims I have been improving, but I think it's a load of crap and she knows it. I feel I am just as crazy as I have always been, maybe even a little more so.

"Are you sure you will be alright?" my mother asks from the drivers seat.

"Yes Mom. I will be fine." I tell her as I sling my bag on my shoulder and reach for the handle. "Pick me up at four." I say looking back at her.

"You get out at three o'clock honey." she says.

"I want to have a look around the school with no one else there to bother me. You know how I am." I tell her truthfully. But she probably thinks I will be looking for a gang to join. I'm not a bad kid, I am just crazy.